Like I said in another thread.

SJ themselves tell us that (I think it is) 95% of people reading the forums do not post messages - they read.

What if the patrol person is not confident about writing in English?

What if they decided that considering the rather aggressive nature of some of the patrol-bashers here, it is just "not worth" getting into a no-win conversation in a language they are not competent in?

What if they feel that they do not particularly need to "defend themselves" at all.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well SKI if you don't have your say then you aren't trying hard enough. You enjoy sharing your opinions and are not alone in defending the patrol/resorts/rules-or should I say defending their right to enforce those rules. Not everyone is going to get all unreasonably aggressive-there are plenty of diverse opinions here. I would welcome a contribution from any lurkers from the other side, though I'm not sure there are any and they probably don't want to discuss the issues anyway. Perhaps they could post on the Japanese site. If someone was talking so much about me on the Internet, you bet I'd have something to say about it. You're welcome-speak up and don't be shy.

Quote:
Well SKI if you don't have your say then you aren't trying hard enough.
confused.gif Not quite sure where that fits in...

Quote:
Not everyone is going to get all unreasonably aggressive-there are plenty of diverse opinions here.
That is of course good to hear. But as you said, "not everyone" - meaning that some very probably would.

Quote:
If someone was talking so much about me on the Internet, you bet I'd have something to say about it.
I am sure you probably would respond - especially as an individual. But even as an individual, maybe it would be only if you felt the comments were deemed worthy of a response.

\:\)

Dude why do you have to quote people so much when you post? Write a little more creatively please. What I mean is that if you don't post you don't get your point across. So you actually are not trying to venture an opinion at all. Anyway this debate is getting kind of stale so I'll summarize. There is no solution because everyones opinions are so diverse and the key party involved has no intention of even participating in any discussion, let alone working towards an ammicable solution. In their eyes the problem is solved by maintaining the same policy.

Read the site ski someone knew where someone worked I doubt the other person told them.

This site is for everyone, but it has been said tha,t at least one resort has monitored this site. I would like to be told why. I think it is a cowardly act as much as I think that you cant ski.

Quote:
Dude why do you have to quote people so much when you post?
Why?
Simple.
So that we can all be as clear as possible.

Quote:
Write a little more creatively please.
What? Why? What's that got to do with anything? I'm not a writer, I will leave that for the novelists and journalists. I am just trying to discuss this matter in a way that is as clear as possible.

Quote:
What I mean is that if you don't post you don't get your point across. So you actually are not trying to venture an opinion at all. Anyway this debate is getting kind of stale so I'll summarize. There is no solution because everyones opinions are so diverse and the key party involved has no intention of even participating in any discussion, let alone working towards an ammicable solution. In their eyes the problem is solved by maintaining the same policy.
I am quite sure they would enter into a discussion if you spoke to them. Them joining in a "discussion" on a (for them) foreign language forum is quite a different matter.

But I do understand the point you are trying to get across - and we will just have to agree to disagree it seems.

Quote:
I think it is a cowardly act as much as I think that you cant ski.
I think it is not in the least bit cowardly, not at all. In fact I think that they are commended to not be dragged into such a situation.

As I said above, I am sure that if a respectable dialogue was opened with the people involved, they would talk.

I must admit I chuckled on reading your above comment though ;\)

Quote:
I dont want people doing baist maybe racial profiling, which seems to be the case here.
I am sure the resort is not taking up massive resources doing "racial profiling". The thought of it itself if ludicrous.

Quote:
I will take back my comment as it was petty.
Yes, I thought so too. Thank you.

Quote:
Please stop quoting so much
Don't like being quoted then \:\) . But it is the most effective way to continue the discussion before it gets blown all over the place. Sorry if you don't like it, but unless you are not happy with your words in the first place...
 Quote:
We fight for rights in this country everyday
Klingon would be proud. I certainly do not feel I am constantly fighting for my rights in this country. Perhaps it is this attitude that is a source of some problems.

Davo, I won't do the quotes for you there, OK! ;\)

SKI, whilst I don`t necessarily agree with all your view points, you do post some of the more logical and articulate arguements. Quotes help, especially as people (on discussion boards in general) often twist other peoples words or use them out of context.

I don`t have a problem with it!

hem now

I not stupid and can remember what I write.

I will fight for my rights every damm day. I accept living in Japan and the differences, but it is not right to be singled out. I dont think that all their man power is going into this, you have a way of making more out of peoples words SKI.

Would you as a black person in the US canada etc accept being singled out, its not right and it has been held up in the courts.

Fattwins, I don't think it's nearly equivalent. This is a public site and anybody can look at it for any reason. You post without any guarantees whatsoever about your privacy.

I don't believe anybody knows exactly why a resort should want to get a patroller with acceptable English to monitor it, although there are a range of benign and not so benign reasons why they might do so.

I do agree with you that it's not right to go posting personal information about another poster that you've found out from another source. That's definitely creepy, and on reflection, I'd hope the Admin people would delete that sort of thing.

Yeah, but they've probably been told by their management not to post. If they did, a patroller would be speaking for the resort as a whole - a very unlikely scenario methinks.

I don't think they can learn anything from this forum that they don't know already, except maybe to get a feel for the aspirations of a small segment of their customers.

To my mind, racism involves something a rather more than that...

You have to stop it before it balloons though. Do they already know more than likly that is true. I still dont want to tell someone, were to go at resort. Then have the patrol camp on the spot, and catch them that day. I would rather do it in a private way.

Fattwins, I don't believe you are stupid.

But you enjoy your "fighting" and I will enjoy my life not fighting.

I am able to have an excellent lifestyle here in Japan without feeling as if there is any need whatsoever to fight over anything.

• SnowJapan Admin

Going to do a bit of quoting here...

Quote:
That's definitely creepy, and on reflection, I'd hope the Admin people would delete that sort of thing.
We would appreciate it if somebody could point out the thread in question to us.

Thanks.