Who what are the names of the patrol monitoring this site

yeah, I am fairly upset that I have been being monitored, so yeah, if you are a patroller and you are reading this, for godsakkes post something. it looks really bad on you if people know you are just reading and not posting.

and to haters, I know that this is a public forum, and I know that anything I post is voluntary, but I like this website, and like to speak freely, and I hate to think that everything I have been saying is being monitored, recorded, or whatever, it's a little too big brother for me. cuz yeah 47/Goryu is my home resort and I like to snowboard there, but I don't dig on the paranoid vibes, yo.

so yeah Kaz - please register and please post.

Its pretty obvious that patrollers are checking this site out now. So thats why it would be better to not tell everyone that you have been going where you shouldn't have been going, giving them a chance to find you and bust you then spoiling it for all the others who just keep it too them selves..

• SnowJapan Admin

We are not ourselves aware of any patrol or resorts specifically monitoring the Snow Japan forums, but would also be very keen to speak to any that are. \:\)

Feel free to contact us at editor@snowjapan.com

Thanks.

scouser, are you one of THEM? Your signature is making me nervous man...

Anyway, the Suwa crew are going to be at 47 this weekend and we have plans to try that sick run under the quad now it's got some good snow on it. If you're riding the quad, give us a wave.

:rolleyes:

So these incidents don't seem to be keeping people away from Hakuba 47 then I see?

Just people going there and hoping to entice the patrol into a confrontation perhaps? What any reasonable person might think of doing, NOT.

Quote:
Originally posted by scouser:
 Quote:
Its pretty obvious that patrollers are checking this site out now
I must have missed something here...why is it obvious?
well this site is not a secret is it? Surely some of the japanese snow patrollers could have english ability or friends and come across this site!

If I was a patroller and wanted to know the info i would look here!

but i am not! \:\)

I don't know, but if they are I would like to pitch my idea to them.

As I have explained before, a modest looking "Cheese Stand" would go down a treat with cheese fans from all over, and people would flock to the resort that picks it up.

Not only will you be providing skiers and snowboarders with nutrition and energy for their skiing and snowboarding (respectively), but they will be happy and make friends and the kuchikomi value alone is massive.

Please contact me via private messaging.

Some of you people have truly lost the plot.

Do you really think the patrol is getting on here to get intelligence information about where you idiots are ducking ropes. Now Ive heard it all.

I do agree with you Fattwins about not posting your spots on the net for all to see ....but not to escape patrol. I dont know why on earth anyone would cough up thier prime spots so you can show up one day and see the place tracked out.

Maybe some people just want more of a pack around to play cops and robbers with the patrol.

Too lazy to go backcountry properly and too cool to ride on the marked trails the only place left to ride is in closed areas within a resort. In Some states of America you can be fined under law for doing this, Thats not the case in Japan because most people are resonable and show a little respect for the rules so they dont need a law.

Im sure that the majority of readers are either happy to ride on course and enjoy the safety provided by resorts or are resonsible backcountry riders who are properly equiped. (I personally make my first stop the patrol office if Im going to be entering and leaving the backcountry via a resort and Ive never had a problem.)

The hoodlums who are too imature to choose a legitimate approach damage the situation for everybody both in resort and backcountry.

Grow up.

LOVE

PEAKER

peaker, I agree that the conspiracy theory concerning the patrol is quite wild and whacky.

But for the last goddamned time, you totally supercilious geek, can you try explaining, just once, why it is so immature to hope that one day resorts will allow people a bit of freedom to ride safely where feasible in trees and deep snow within boundaries. Yes, yes, we know you like talking to patrol, you say so everytime. Oh lawks, we've heard how you go backcountry all kitted up, enough already. But not everybody likes to do that, and it's scarcely necessary to enjoy some reasonable quality goods.

So please, big uncle peaker, condescend to make a valid point this time.

Getting all worked up and throwing the insults around again, Ocean11? You do get stressed up so very quickly.

Quote:
why it is so immature to hope that one day resorts will allow people a bit of freedom to ride safely where feasible in trees and deep snow within boundaries.
I do not believe anyone is saying that.

It is not immature to hope that resorts will allow people a bit of freedom to ride safely where feasible in trees and deep snow within boundaries.

However, on the other hand, surely just getting angry and worked up about something that you do not agree with or like, and going ahead ignoring rules - is. (Immature, that is!)

Getting angry easily and throwing around insults is also seen by most to be rather childlike and immature.

Im all for riding powder and trees. I do it all the time. I also love resorts with good off piste policies.

Niseko has been held up as an example here before but the system only works if people follow the guidelines. Certain areas are totally off limits, other places should be entered by gates and occaisionaly the patrol may stop you and politely inquire about where you are going and if you are properly equipped. Everybody is kept happy generally. My point is that if you can't work as a member of a community to get a system going youll loose out in the end.

Ocean Ive noticed that you post on the Japanese forum too from time to time. I dont know how good your Japanese is but instead of wasting time ranting about the policies of resorts you ride at why dont you get involved with The Jsba or form a group of interested persons and put your case forward in a respectable way.

You can also just not ride at those places that dont cater to your style. I never ride at Rusutsu because they are a big glamorous amusement park type place and they dont want serious off piste riders. You dont try to buy meat at a bakery. Theres a lot of snow in Japan go have a look around and find some you can ride without hassles.

Maybe you should move to Hokkaido! Just leave the attitude down there though please.

I hope thats enough of a "point" for you but the fact is Im not interested in debating the merits of riding under this or that chair at a certain resort and if it should or shouldnt be allowed to ride slope x at resort y.. I dont need to do that because I can ride all the fresh powder I can take. The way to achieve that is not by scrapping with patrol over some under chair chasey chasey game or moaning on the net about the Japanese society.

Ive seen a few skateboard Vids where half the Fun seemed to be ******* off security guards, I see a bit of the same happening here.

I say again

Grow up

LOTS OF LOVE

PEAKER

Who ever said conspiracy, I never did. I am and have been one of the guys avocating (did I spell that right) knowledge. What I dont like, is someone knowing things about me that I didnt tell them.

A guy one this site told us where barok worked. Now unless Barok told him or her, then what do you think? 99% sure Barok didnt tell the person.

So yeah I will watch what I say and what I do. I will ski what I know is safe and plan my back country trips with caution. Untill last year niseko was closed off we all know it and people shared where to go.

Peaker I would love to go BC with you some day, but I will watch what I say.

I don't know who came up with "consipracy" either. But thats another matter.

As for this...

Quote:
I will ski what I know is safe and plan my back country trips with caution.
Just to be clear here - by this do you mean that YOU will decide whether you break the rules (at a resort) or not and if you decide to break them, then you will go ahead and do so?

Thanks!

If there is know justification for the rule then is it a rule. Just saying Dame is not enough anymore. Come up with a reason and back it up.

If the park service says dont go there fine.

If it is avalanche danger fine.

ETC...

But dont make up a lie as to what the rule is dame is not enough, you should know why.

"Too lazy to go backcountry properly and too cool to ride on the marked trails the only place left to ride is in closed areas within a resort."

peaker, there`d be alot of people out there who would disagree with that statement!

It isn`t isn`t about lazy or "too cool", its about most fun for your buck. Nothing more, nothing less!

I understand that there are alot of responsible gaijins urked by the minority who give the rest of us a bad name in Japan. However, seriously - who HAS NEVER broken a law of some kind?

Every time you speed by 5km/h, park in a no parking zone or J walk, you are breaking the rules. Ever taken an extra long lunch break at work, or called in sick when you weren`t?

SKI and peaker, if you can honestly say you`ve never done any of these, then I take my hat off to you both - you are better men than me. But if you have, then surely you`re arguing from a hypocritical standpoint?

Until they actually rope off the trees, I will continue to ski them!

hem now

Quote:
It isn`t isn`t about lazy or "too cool", its about most fun for your buck. Nothing more, nothing less!
Fun doing something that you should not be doing. And going back to repeat the action even though you know it is supposed to not be allowed. Hmmm.

-----------------

Well, hem now, I do my very best to abide by rules and laws. It's just the way I am I suppose.

I certainly don't try to break rules that I know exist. And if I get reminded of a rule/law that I might be breaking by the person who made/controls the rule/law, then I would certianly refrain from repeating. I would not argue, disagree, and continue to break the rules just because I didn't agree with them.

If I felt so very strongly about a policy that I could just not accept it, (and in the case we are talking about), then I would decide not to go there again and instead go somewhere else. I would not continue to create trouble.
 Quote:
Originally posted by SKI:
Well, hem now, I do my very best to abide by rules and laws. It's just the way I am I suppose.
You know there is a perfect chance to say something here about your character that begins with an A and ends with an...well I think you get it ;\)

No offence intended whatsoever I just couldn't resist the opprutunity!

SKI, I agree with the concept of abiding by rules, as I try to live in a similar fashion. It keeps society sane and liveable.

However, when it comes to riding powder, if I deem it to be safe (big emphasis on this bit), I am often naughty and break these rules. I guess it is more a reflection of my lack of self control. I know I shouldn`t be doing it, but bugger it, when there`s powder to be had, most of my self control goes out the window.

And if there is no rope to be ducked? Fair game, I reckon. I ain`t no steenkin mind reader!

Cheers,

hem now - thoroughly enjoying this jolly ol debate

Quote:
However, when it comes to riding powder, if I deem it to be safe (big emphasis on this bit), I am often naughty and break these rules.
And this is where the problem arises. And the possibility that people doing this will cause trouble, especially if they are repeat offenders.

Quote:
I guess it is more a reflection of my lack of self control. I know I shouldn`t be doing it, but bugger it, when there`s powder to be had, most of my self control goes out the window.
Well there you go. It seems that if you want to do it, then you will. To hell with the rules. Does this way of thinking apply to all rules/lawsm? Or just this one?

Quote:
I ain`t no steenkin mind reader!
I'm sure you're not. ;\)

But if you KNOW that you should not be there, but keep on going back...

So do you think that in life every single rule and law should be pointed out to you CONSTANTLY at every opportunity?