• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While shopping for a new jacket I ended up getting a board, bindings, goggles, pants and jacket... now I have to try and hide the credit card bill from my wife because the world didn't end today like

The bag inspires an old joke to come to mind   Princess Diana and Dolly Parton had both died on the same night. When they reached the gates of Heaven they were greeted by St. Peter.St. Peter said "E

New skis & bindings awaiting xmas pickup & testing in Rockies first week of January.

Ok, douchebag in British English has a completely different meaning. ;)

douchebag is not British english....definitely an Americanism....that is well understood in the UK

Tubby, you DO know what a douche is right? RIGHT?

yeah

• 2 weeks later...

It appears that I might be buying a new pair of goggles, the very high winds of the weekend, combined with a bit of ice has scratched the lenses of my goggles. the goggles came with two lenses, the second one is "yellow", have put them in, will have to see if they work as well at cuting down glare as the "red" ones I've been using.

I wear prescription sunglasses under my goggles, so hopefully that will be enough. However if my sister-in-law comes though I'll have a pair of Oakley goggles next week. Just have to pursade my wife that one more weekend skiing won't bankrupt us :-)

Yellow lenses are used to enhance contrast on flat light days (cloudy, overcast or snowy conditions). If it's sunny you shouldn't use them. I think they will hurt your eyes.

Thanks for that info, one of the many things I didn't know about snow and skiing.

Just tried the two lenses with my sunglasses, "red" much better. They were only 3000 yen from Costco, so might just get another pair next Costco run (assuming they are still for sale, can't remeber when Costco removes its winter gear)

New powder skis weren't on the menu when this season started, but after losing one ski in January decided to take the plunge and have been greatly enjoying my new Praxis Protests.

Think next season it's going to be time for new boots, also, so had a set of demo bindings put on the new skis for easy and versatile adjustment.

Costco sells Oakley goggles for 3000¥?!

No, sorry maybe wasn't clear enough in my posts.

Costco sells Bolle goggles, which I currently have, and have scratched the "red" lenses due to some mad swirling wind with ice while on a lift at Kusatsu.

My brother and his family live in LA close to Oakleys headoffice. Apparently there is a large shop at the head office and my sister-in-law is going to get me a pair of Oakley goggles and ship them over. (The goggles are an extra to a new pair of prescription sun glasses she has ordered for me, with the exchange rate cheaper to get there than here)