Have Japanese attitudes changed since the Tohoku disaster?

I wonder if Japanese people have become more inward looking after the whole Tohoku thing, and maybe also because of the world economic slump, etc. etc. Or maybe not.....

Anyone notice any changes in Japanese peoples' attitudes / outlook?

The press are ignoring it and trying to hush it up, but there's been a massive swing of opinion against nuclear power.

If the country had turned inward, I suppose there would be more opposition to TPP. If anything, the farmers are struggling to drum up any interest in it.

People can't believe that on the day were are told it will take 40 frikking years to clean up Fukushima, and that there are likely active faults underneath other nuclear plants, that they start up one of those.

40 years? The mind boggles thinking about it.

I still think my idea of covering it all with a dome and then scooping the whole area out (like some aliens did in an episode of The Outer Limits) and moving it off into space would have been the best solution.

I wonder if Japanese people have become more inward looking after the whole Tohoku thing, and maybe also because of the world economic slump, etc. etc. Or maybe not.....

Anyone notice any changes in Japanese peoples' attitudes / outlook?

I haven't noticed any kind of inward looking going on.

I think there are too many basic problems that need sorting out to worry about that kind of thing.