• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That applies to your summer beer as well, you know.

Ok, so making bacon is VERY easy......   step 1 is buying your meat. You can buy a pork loin from the supermarket if you want or do what I did and got one from The MeatGuy, BUT if you happen to know

Looks really good Tubby.  

I'm thinking fried eggs, hash browns, English muffins, some of Tubby's bacon....... topped off with a little OJ and coffee..... Oh, god that sounds so frickin good right now.

Bacon is all gone!!

Get back in the kitchen and make some more then.

Winter road trip, I drive, you bring the bacon sarnies and brown sauce.

That's only HALF of the bacon! The best flavour is in the "tail", because it has more fat than the eye of the cut.

This...smallMain_17_183.jpg is real bacon!

That's only HALF of the bacon! The best flavour is in the "tail", because it has more fat than the eye of the cut.

This...smallMain_17_183.jpg is real bacon!

Don't be daft. When does bacon come with green flowery stuff?! ;)

1. I didn't butcher the pig so that's all I could get

2. The tail is just the streaky bit that makes yank and Japanese bacon , of which I have already said I don't prefer so.......

yeah, could really murder a decent bacon buttie now!!! Thick, stodgy white bread, crispy rind and lashing of ketchup, washed down with a mug of builders' tea!! :D

ketchup!! :omg: :naughty: can only be brown sas!!

MiJ, its Nitrite you have to get.....I ordered it over the internet, look for Prague #1 Curing Salts or Instacure #1, it comes ready mixed. You don't use a lot of this so you don't need to order a lot, a small bag will do many many joints of bacon

I ordered it through Amazon, cost about $20 for a small bag