Help ipps find a skijo job (the moaning about your job thread)

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Certainly sounds interesting ippy!   The missing thing isn't "breasts" is it?

He'd probably given up all hope once he'd found out she was going out with a gaijin anyway!

Im afraid i never once... actually hang on, Im pretty sure i visited pittodrie for some whackaday reason when i was living in lossiemouth. I also had a flash back from a shire horse visit and the harl

It's one of those stereotypes that no one actually says......it doesn't make any sense

"Och aye" means "oh yes" and "the noo" means "just now"

Both terms are spoken separately but not together

it could also be seen as scotlands first foray into theories of eternal presence. Aye also means 'always'. Ergo, och aye the noo could also translate as "oh, always the now".

We are a sad, fatalist people. :(

But would you use it if you actually wanted to say "Oh yes, just now!"? ;)

No that's why I said that its a stereotype that has no meaning.

Ipps, Don't think I'd use it in that way....mind u it's been a while. Give me an example please :)

• 4 months later...

Welcome back oh trusty thread. Brilliant performance reviews apparently. Things are looking up!

But only in the geographic sense. No matter that i had excellent reviews. No matter that my base school love me. No matter that the only negative was that i dont speak japanese enough at ONE of the three shogakkos (the only negative). The boe have dumped the company, and gone with another one. Im out of a job in just under three weeks. Boo! now ive got to save cash. So no more traipses to yamabiko for me :(

Fortunately i still have two years left on my visa, but man alive its so annoying. Im sick of moving. I was so ready to coast this year and actually save money for a change. It was all looking so good i even splurged on a new jar of gold blend (i actually thought to myself... maybe you should pick the smaller one just in case! but then my brain said, no way dude! youve got this in the bag, youve had great evaluations!).

O Fortuna! Tcha! time to move to okinawa and take up the sanshin! :)

Not totally :) I always wanted to live there ever since i saw the azumanga daioh episode where they travel there on holiday. Sata ANDAGI!!!

I had this dream of just sitting on the beach, watching the sun set and plinking on a sanshin. Then someone told me that okinawa is a massive concrete hellscape and not half way as pretty as i think it is, and that if i really wanted to live that dream id need to move to one of the really remote islands so far away from the main island that just getting there required a few boat trips.

I dunno, if i had another two months notice id just move back to korea. I was gonna get my criminal record check done, but was so confident that id kept the BOE at peace that i didnt bother. Ah wells. Got two months pay to keep me going and two years left on my visa (plus excellent references from both my school and my company), but ya kna! id just like some peaceful time to save cash so i can escape this nonsense. Once ive got shot of all my shit, ill see what the next step is.

Ipps....I dunno who you worked for but if you are stuck I might be able to help you get a gig with the devil......Interac. I can suggest you for an interview/position and then you can take it from there. PM me if you are interested.

Wheres it at? Just applied for one of their gaijinpot adverts for tohoku/hokkaido. If its up that way, sure am interested. That all being said, still have a couple of options nagano way i havent tapped yet. Im really gonna miss this subsidized housing though... and the pension refund i was due from a year and half working here.

Gimme options. Was thinking anywhere theres snow or surf. Hokkaido would be great though. :) i Like the fact you get a kickback on it too :)

Alas i might have already secured another job. Or at least a decent shout at it. I interviewed for them last summer for a position near Suwa, they really liked me, but just didnt think id fit the elementary curriculum they were pushing at the time. They also have a neat package. I would have gone with them last year easy though. Got a message just a few minutes ago asking for me to pop down and see them in matsumoto. It puts me south Nagano, but you know... it sorta makes hakuba an option for next season :)

Gimme options. Was thinking anywhere theres snow or surf. Hokkaido would be great though. :) i Like the fact you get a kickback on it too :)

Alas i might have already secured another job. Or at least a decent shout at it. I interviewed for them last summer for a position near Suwa, they really liked me, but just didnt think id fit the elementary curriculum they were pushing at the time. They also have a neat package. I would have gone with them last year easy though. Got a message just a few minutes ago asking for me to pop down and see them in matsumoto. It puts me south Nagano, but you know... it sorta makes hakuba an option for next season :)

Hold on now. That would take you further away from Mt Granview.

no worries Ipps, like I say use it as a back up if you can't find anything. Just PM me and I'll set the ball in motion........or as you've said you already applied, if you go to the interview, let me know beforehand as you have to mention my name as the person who referred you and I have to send in a form saying my great mate who's also the bestest teacher in the whole land (after me of course) is interviewing today for a job :)

no worries Ipps, like I say use it as a back up if you can't find anything. Just PM me and I'll set the ball in motion........or as you've said you already applied, if you go to the interview, let me know beforehand as you have to mention my name as the person who referred you and I have to send in a form saying my great mate who's also the bestest teacher in the whole land (after me of course) is interviewing today for a job :)

You bastard, you said I was the bestest teacher. :sadface: