1/2: Iwappara

1:Kagura

2:Naeba

3:Gala

I haven't been to Hakkaisan or Joetsu, would like to though. Hakkaisan's uber moguls kinda put me off though. Maiko is a bit too small for my likings, I had fun there because there was crazy snow but I couldn't help feeling that it just isn't big enough

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1/2: Naeba + Kagura

1: Mt Granview

2: Ishiuchi Hanaoka

3: Mt Granview

Some of you not realising this is Mt Granview country!! ;)

:lol: That's hilarious. :rollabout:

1/2: Naeba + Kagura

1: Mt Granview

2: Ishiuchi Hanaoka

3: Mt Granview

Some of you not realising this is Mt Granview country!! ;)

:lol: That's hilarious. :rollabout:

Wasn't meant to be.

Thanks for suggestions peeps.

I've talked to the others coming with me and the general concensus seems to be try as many places as possible,

so..

1/2 day: iwappara

1 day: Naeba/Kagura

1 day: Gala/Ishiuchi

1 day: Joetsu Kokusai

Too bad Joetsu don't do a combined ticket with CL Maiko, otherwise, I'd try to squeeze that in as well.

before buying the combined Naeba-Kagura ticket, I'd make sure that the Dragondola is going to run first.

Depending on where you intend to stay (in Yuzawa, nearer to Mitsumata or Naeba) I don't think you'll really have time to hit both Kags and Naeba and enjoy them. If the snow is on, you'll def want to get the best of it.....you don't wanna be left hanging because the Dragondola is working or having to wait on the bus

Yeh.. Unfortunately it's a risk we're going to have to take. Given that the last day is sort of open (I want to try Joetsu, but we can alter our plans at will), if it's puking when we arrive, then we may change it to split Naeba and Kagura.

All the conjecture made me go look at the reviews by the members here (Found a couple of TB's, Muika's and Mike Rich's). I get the impression that Joetsu is very flat, which seems to be why no one recommends it. Would this be a good assumption?

We'll just have to see how the weather is, in mid-Feb.

It has it's flat bits for sure, but there's some nice slopes.

It's the lifts that people seem to dislike most.

I don't mind the place had a few good days there.