• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks familiar but cant place a name to it. Will put on my thinking cap

Tsugaike Kogen

That it is. Named after (and co-developed by the owners of) Hunter Mountain ski area in New York, USA.   Over to you, Muikabochi.

Why certainly Thurs

1. The threadstarter sets the rules which are hard and fast, non negotiable, but may change from time to time

2. The threadstarter's decision on any matter is final, also non negotiable, set in stone, cast in iron, absobloodylutely non changeable in any way shape or form..................................except with a bride bribe

3. You must make the first correct guess on a pic to earn the right to post. Google cheating is only allowed if you are cunning and humble about it.

4. Pic subject criteria - must be snow related in some way skijo, mountain, town, lake etc and must be in Japan

Prizes are still being negotiated with Mt Granview management. Any suggestions welcome

No to all above. All right. new clue. You can see Mt. Fuji, the chuo alps, the north alps and the south alps from this mountain. I will take the name of the mountain or the name of the peak in the background. the peak is over 2800m

Yatsugatake

You got it! It is Yatsugatake and the peak in the background is Akadake. Really is one of the most interesting spots in Japan I have been to. There is even an onsen with an amazing view of the mountain below one of the peaks. I definitely had boarding on the brain on this hike. The backcountry would be amazing (but potentially very dangerous). I did slide a little bit on the trail in my boots. Anyway bring on the next pic!