• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not the only one.

Following :- would like to follow F1, but no coverage on TV here!

It's on Skyperfect tv.

And don't they put the races on normal telly late Sunday night?

Or it used to be, back when I was interested.

Wow, I can't get over all you guys into martial arts.

Just a word of warning - Don't Mess With Me....................................................I have a black belt in Macrame !

il_fullxfull.320175412.jpg

Snowjunky, Gareths a collector or belts, but although I go hard in my kickboxing sessions I engage for fitness reasons.

I used to be quite a Miss Priss and never saw myself hitting anything...ever. But after a trial in this group I was hooked.

We have participants who nearly knock you off your feet and leave you with bruises, and others who girly punch their way through the sets, and everyone in between. Everyone is welcome, and sessions are individually tailored to suit all fitness levels.

I am sure the atmosphere is very different in a competitive environment like the classes Gareth takes.

I would highly recommend it for women.

Not only is it a great all body cardio and strength workout, you also end up pretty darn confident!

Snowjunky, Gareths a collector or belts, but although I go hard in my kickboxing sessions I engage for fitness reasons.

I used to be quite a Miss Priss and never saw myself hitting anything...ever. But after a trial in this group I was hooked.

We have participants who nearly knock you off your feet and leave you with bruises, and others who girly punch their way through the sets, and everyone in between. Everyone is welcome, and sessions are individually tailored to suit all fitness levels.

I am sure the atmosphere is very different in a competitive environment like the classes Gareth takes.

Not only is it a great all body cardio and strength workout, you also end up pretty darn confident!

which is just the ticket to tackle a sink full of dishes!!

Participating: in a former life, tennis; bowling, skittles

Following: football

SKITTLES?

You eat Skittles for a sport ?

800px-Skittles_Original.jpg

Reminds me of that old saying - "Life is not all beer and skittles'...............................or something like that

Straight to hell for that one TB!! :veryangry: Does Mrs TB really know what she's let herself in for??

& yes I do like the ol' sumo despite the fact that there's more waiting than slapping! That's why I normally watch the tv highlights! ;)

Straight to hell for that one TB!! :veryangry: Does Mrs TB really know what she's let herself in for??

& yes I do like the ol' sumo despite the fact that there's more waiting than slapping! That's why I normally watch the tv highlights! ;)

Yes Mr Tubby!! Off to hell for you!!!

Anyway else notice the time of TB's post? I'm guessing that he'd had a few... which means he let his true feelings out ;)

, you also end up pretty darn confident!

This can bother me a bit sometimes.

Fore example those that you mention who girly punch. they often gain a lot of false self-confidence which in real life might just get themselves into a lot of trouble

, you also end up pretty darn confident!

This can bother me a bit sometimes.

Fore example those that you mention who girly punch. they often gain a lot of false self-confidence which in real life might just get themselves into a lot of trouble

I would also be concerned if that were what I was seeing... But thankfully due to a mixed group our girly punchers know they are girly punchers, and if they are in any doubt we just need to get them holding the bag for one of those of us who actually hit hard. A false sense of security is concerning - but worse than that is a false sense of weakness and vulnerability.

it does bother me that people go and do a "6 week self defense course" and feel they now have the skills and "empowerment" to defend themselves. Reality is that in a real life situation, those skilled haven't been drilled into instinct and there's a good chance that person won't remember anything theyve learned, nor will the attacker do what they practiced in class

Anyway else notice the time of TB's post? I'm guessing that he'd had a few... which means he let his true feelings out ;)

got it in one!!

women-know-your-place.png