This morning was a Gala morning, so I thought 'let's Gala'. And Gala I did.

There's a bit of a silly back story and my morning was cut short:

http://www.snowjapan...my-lift-ticket/

But while I was there it was great. The snow was really really good. I was quite shocked considering how spring it was on Sunday just up the road. That snowfall the other day really did some big favours.

I got there early and so before the crowds... by the time I left it was getting really quite busy. Didn't feel like a weekday at all and I think that is because of the weekday shinkansen cheap packs and also perhaps because of today being White Day.

Anyway yes the snow was very nice and I really enjoyed whizzing down that top run - it's kind of like Yuzawa's version of Nozawa's Skyline course - and in the north area as well.

i was just about to go over to the South Area --- open from the top today --- when I realised my ticket was missing.

:doh:

Didn't take many pics because I was enjoying the slopes before they got crowded, but here are just a few

Looking north into Paradise Alley

gallery_6744_167_194835.jpg

Maiko in the background top left

gallery_6744_167_465074.jpg

gallery_6744_167_150677.jpg

gallery_6744_167_167015.jpg

gallery_6744_167_252934.jpg

Not sure what was going on here!!

gallery_6744_167_202998.jpg

Echigo Yuzawa station

gallery_6744_167_258765.jpg

gallery_6744_167_78349.jpg

Not sure what was going on here!!

gallery_6744_167_202998.jpg

Rabbit tracks..........couple of rabbits came together for a roll in the snow....maybe made some little baby rabbits

One almost became snowboard roadkill in january at nozawa. There i was happy trundling along minding my own business when i noticed lots of people smiling at something. The damn thing ran right in front of me and it was only my mad awesome skills that saved its little bunny ass. Cute though.