Ok I'll start this week's one........what's your plans for this weekend? I'm heading up to EITHER Ishiuchi Maruyama in Minamiuonuma/Yuzawa area or Oze White World (both courtesy of SJ and their totally rad giveaways :party: ) but haven't decided for sure yet.........Ishiuchi is lower down and so I feel the recent warm spell will have affected it more.....White World is higher BUT in Gunma and the snow tends to be a tad heavier anyway.......mate is driving up so its not an issue which one we go to. His young lad is coming with us for his 2nd day on the snow......so I was thinking White World for this too as its basically a big bowl and all runs come together so no one gets lost and my mate can coach his son while we rip the upper runs and we can still easily meet and have some banter....also AFAIR White World has a mellow run out thats quite wide and would be good for his son.....any opinions?

Im hoping to get to some resort in Gunma on Sunday - not sure yet, and its not really up to me, but possibly Oze, Kawaba, Marunuma or Hotaka.....

Any ideas for a good resort around there (ie close to Numata I.C.) which would have some easily accessible and easy to find runs through the trees??

Kawaba is easiest and IMO best bet for tree riding. Marumuma is a pain to get to.....its awaaaaaaay up the road from the IC. White World is about half way up that road then a little spur off of it....dunno about trees as when I went last time it was end of season and the snow was sugary....hopefully be able to report after saturday though!! :D

Been to a little place called Hotaka....something but it was small, the snow was wet n sticky and it was mostly park.

Kawaba yes I want to go there.

I quite liked White World when I went.

Snow at Joetsu Kokusai was decent up at Atema but not so down near base, TB, unless we get lots of snow today it's not going to be that good here this weekend. White World might be a better choice there.

Hey Chris. I'm making a day trip to Hakuba tomorrow. Thinking about Kashimayari but may just keep driving if the snow doesn't look that fresh. Do me a favour and let me know what the road conditions are like. The traffic webcams I usually use look to be down right now. Cheers! (happy shredding ;) )

Hey Chris. I'm making a day trip to Hakuba tomorrow. Thinking about Kashimayari but may just keep driving if the snow doesn't look that fresh. Do me a favour and let me know what the road conditions are like. The traffic webcams I usually use look to be down right now. Cheers! (happy shredding ;) )

You bet. I'll post here later tonight. Should be getting into Hakuba around 10pm or so.

Hey guys, just arrived (10pm) in Hakuba. The Chuo is clear all the way to Toyoshina but they were checking for snowtires or chains at the Suwa exit. As per usual the snow starts around Omachi and the roads are softpacked all the way in to Hakuba. No worries.