Where you going this weekend (11th and 12th)?

I amazed no ones started this yet. Ive decided its now a peak season tradition and one needs to be started each weekend.

I genuinelly dunno what my plans are yet. Was thinking about skipping it because its the bank holiday weekend, but theres this tiny voice in the back of my head saying "dont be silly, you need to tighten your riding way the hell up and maybe start spending an afternoon or two actually properly buttering instead of this BS spinning shit).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC6-orOQX9w&feature=player_embedded

Not that im doing that. Im barely breaking out of linked 180s.

PS. Saw a dude doing this at kagura, its even more mental in real life. spin spin flip spin spin spin spin ride away...

PPS. The music sucks as youd expect :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the more damage the better, i want a park rat weekend where i aint hunting lines, but stuck on some nice green and red groomers. :) Im seriously tempted to just ride karuizawa this weekend just so i have no distractions :)

im too old for it thats for sure, at 36 and getting unfit the recpvery on a decent hit is nowadays a fair while. But i feel like i got hit by a massive pussy bug just as i was starting to get my confidence up (got my ass handed to me last year in hirafu on their big kicker when i didnt clear the knuckle and had a really bad day at bucheon (indoor slope in seoul), when i just massively failed on their boxes). So I need to get over that shit :)

up in Sapporo for the snow festival.......don't think I'm gonna be boarding though......"compromised" with the boss!! :(

i would like to nail my colors to the mast here.

1. Once you get past the whole "but they act so human!" (about 30 seconds), the snow monkeys were kinda rubbish.

2. The snow festival is also kinda lame once you see the first couple of statues.

Take your culture and shove it. Id rather be on a mountain looking across at a sea of mountains any day.

Well, ended up bailing on my plans for the next few days. A combination of factors conspired against me... and damn the yearly rain in February! Second time in three years my long weekend plans have been rained on (this year I had a sweet 5 day weekend which started on Wednesday). I guess I'm too picky... Anyway, I found this awesome snowboard film to watch instead.

http://vimeo.com/27216372

Get off the internet you ****ing supermodel and go riding.

Actually, dont you have a car? Isnt there somewhere youve never been to but kinda always wanted to go to? Drive up to akita then :p

What did you get in the end, Chriselle?

Ended up getting some Rossignol S3's. I was going to go wider but the price was right and they have a good reputation as a good all round ski. I was really after some Line Sir Francis Bacon's but sold out long ago.

I almost picked up a pair of those before I got my Keepers but I couldn't find them cheap enough in the end. I heard they're pretty decent - the rocker in the tips should help floatation in the powder and should still be easy to edge on the groomers as they're not too wide. Having said that, I dont feel any difficulty on my Icelantics which are 119 at the waist! It would be interesting to try out a bunch of different skis - Id like to give a really wide, full rockered ski a go and go back to a good quality carving ski to really learn the differences. I've never seen any manufacturers doing any demo days in Japan though.

I almost picked up a pair of those before I got my Keepers but I couldn't find them cheap enough in the end. I heard they're pretty decent - the rocker in the tips should help floatation in the powder and should still be easy to edge on the groomers as they're not too wide. Having said that, I dont feel any difficulty on my Icelantics which are 119 at the waist! It would be interesting to try out a bunch of different skis - Id like to give a really wide, full rockered ski a go and go back to a good quality carving ski to really learn the differences. I've never seen any manufacturers doing any demo days in Japan though.

The Hakuba Visitor Center has a pretty decent quiver of fat rentals. ...about 2800 yen for the day. I'm definitely going to try a few of the wider skis before I buy but I am still looking for something in a 120 waist or bigger. Right now I'm pretty well covered with my carving Atomics, all mountain Hart Quests, and now the somewhat fatter Rossi S3s.