This is the town that I live in.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/feeds/16599168

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/storm_watch_stories3&stormfile=record_snow_fall_sweeps_nort_170112

Sunday/Monday's snow broke all kinds of records. And a couple of shovels when I was digging out my parking space on Monday night!

We have two local ski hills, which have blower pow at the mo, although you do need to straightline from the top to get any speed.

Never thought I'd say this, but I'm glad to see blue sky, and a couple of snowless days in the forecast!

"

The mounds of snow measured some 200 centimetres (78 inches) by 1700 local time (0800 GMT) on Monday, the city's highest since records began in 1946, the island's meteorological agency said.

Colour me unimpressed.

Iwamizawa has been getting more than normal since December. There was noticeably more when I drove through there on Jan. 2 than I usually saw for the years I lived up there. It's too bad you're so flat around there..Rumoi out on the coast is up in its amount this year, too.

Yeah, it hasn't really stopped snowing since the end of November. It's been awesome, but tiring!

Rumoi out on the coast is up in its amount this year, too.

Good news for spring touring around Shokanbetsu.

Yeah, it hasn't really stopped snowing since the end of November. It's been awesome, but tiring!

Rumoi out on the coast is up in its amount this year, too.

Good news for spring touring around Shokanbetsu.

Absolutely!! :thumbsup: Watch out for the bears though!!

2 metres of snow is not really so much, we have 10 metres of snow pilled up here!

No only joking not much snow here at all actually, but really 2 metres, Niigata, Toyama gets far more snow than that! Already Seki in Myoko has over 5 metres!

Not very impressed either!

And I am sure I did say this year would be very cold and very snowy, so shouldn't be a surprise, unless you followed JMA's forecast back in autumn and not mine!