• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree, ale/bitter seems to get me knocked out quicker than lager. Seems to.

Anyone know where to download this App   http:// http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=6a8Eimr-fm0

Yona Ale is like my favourite beer these days.

Do they stick a huge premium price on it?

same sort of price as any premium imported beer goes for in a restaurant in Perth, so yes, extortionate pricing. However so much better than the domestic beer for not that much more.

:lol:

It is a joke from NZ about Australians being dumb, part of a tradition of trans-tasman rivalries and bad jokes.

It is often said that when a Kiwi moves to Australia, he is raising the average IQ of both countries.

The Australians like to give us stick about sheep, and sex shops that sell velcro gloves.

• 4 weeks later...

Good news folks!

How drinking beer may not be the main cause of a 'beer belly'

Drinking beer is not the main cause of a 'beer belly', although it can contribute to overall fatness, scientists have revealed.

A team from Germany analysed the weight as well as the hip and waist measurements of nearly 20,000 people over four years.

Participants were asked to detail how much beer they drank and what else they consumed each day.

The researchers concluded that their study 'does not support the common belief of a site-specific effect of beer on the abdomen, the beer belly'.

'Beer consumption seems to be rather associated with an increase in overall body fatness,' they wrote in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition.

Has anyone tried the new Asahi Black? Got a couple of cans in the fridge waiting....

Do you mean Asahi Black or the Asahi Super Dry Black? The Asahi black is like a Schwarzbier style... I can't quite figure out the Super Dry Black... maybe more like a Dunkel. Anyway, both of them are decent for macro brews. Something a little different at least.

It's one of those beers that (like many beers) tastes better when you are on to the second one (and when it's ice cold). Tbh, I wasn't so keen at first but after giving them a second chance I think it's a pretty good beer considering it's part of the Asahi Super Dry family!