Was at Dynaland in Gifu today and it was beautiful warm day.....consequently the snow was very spring esque....rock hard in the morn and well slushy in the arvo.

Is winter over already? can we expect one more lash of the "Siberian Cold" whip?

how were the conditions elsewhere today?

It is absolutely PUKING snow this morning in Nagno. Already like 5cm piled up. I bet the hills are getting it good.

Hey you metric guys...if a 100th of a Meter is a centimeter, what is a 10th of a meter called (10cm)? Stupid? Maybe by I am an inquisitive guy.

Went to Togakushi yesterday and had a pretty good time. We got lucky as it had already started snowing quite heavily when we woke up from our beauty sleep around 7:30am(forecast called for rain elsewhere). The snow did turned a bit heavy and wet by about noon but hey anything`s better than Sat. \:\) I never got to check out the very right side of the ski area(mostly advance runs)because of my messed up knee. I`d surely like to go back there again this season, hopefully with a much recovered knee. The drive home was a BITCH, though...it took us more than 7hrs! \:\(

Well, Togakushi is located roughly 1hr(by local roads)north of Nagano City. That Joshinetsu Highway was the main killer! We were probably stuck between Nagano IC and Karuizawa IC for about a good 2hr or more...and there wasn`t even an accident or anything. mad.gif When we connected onto Kanetsu Highway the traffic condition wasn`t all "that" bad(Feb weekend standard).

Its been snowing wet, heavy, slushy, snow all last night/this morning here at Misawa. So wet and heavy my snow blower had a hard time with it too.

I'm hoping its cold enough up at elevation at hakkoda so its getting good powder for saturday cause where we're headed...