yeah, out of all the people I have ridden with - I've met 11 forum people to date, dane is the best freestyle skier - seen switch 540's firsthand.

Met alot of great freeriders, but I think it is way too subjective to say one freerider is better than another freerider. What do you base it on ? Style, difficulty of line ? it's all subjective, so whatever.

It is much easier to say someone is better if they can outtrick someone else, and yeah, style counts in tricks - probably moreso than in freeriding.

But I don't really think it matters who is the best of this or that. I think that skiing is competitive, snowboarding same, and it's cool if you can go riding with your friends and all push each other to do new tricks, and maybe there is some unspoken, telepathic "i'm better than you" going on, but it's never really an issue. Just having fun is more important.

That's funny if it is really Shaun White, I know there are pros that do post to the forums sometimes. Kevin Sansalone (Option Snowboards) posts, or used to post over at Transworldsnowboarding.com but if it IS Shaun, tell us something that only you would know. \:\)

I bet Plucky should probably up there on the top end of that list. I, however, have a nice cosy spot near the bottom with those who suck and make it a point to be in the way of others by falling all over the place.

You never see the best people cause they are always the first down! Whats most important is can you ride together and have good vibes. Me I prefer cool people. Pushing each other will happen but I hate people with swollen heads.

Everyone I have met on this forum so far has been pretty cool so far.

Thanks for the compliments Markie and Ripper. Ripper is right up there too with everyone I bet. The dude is fearless. We get a little stupid when we ski together - meaning have a ton of fun \:\)

The Pluckster is done for the winter though. bye bye knee, bye bye shoulder. I just found out today that I have been skiing with a fracture in my shoulder all season. I really jacked it back up this past weekend. I hope to be healed so I can meet some of you this spring for a late ski or two!

And one more pic. I'm the doof hanging on the sign. It probably says 'Don't hang on this sign'. Mt Iwate in the background. Lost my beanie so bought the dumbest hat they had. This was before carnage ensued...

l30842.jpg

I love my new camera \:\)

Everybody in Hakuba has that 'dumbest hat'. That's style that is (if you squint at it).

I wonder if anybody has clocked their box on that bell? It orta be roped off. It's abunai.

Does this topic include a 'best for effort' category? Even as a potential 'gaper', I reckon for only 27 tries and no history of board sports I'm pretty good.

Plucky what size skis are you on? They look like little minis you must be taller than my 5.7 frame.

My Japanese friend now thinks he is the best skier in fernie. He has skied there 2 days and I guided him through the days by telephone. The gu has a head as big and as full as a balloon.

HaHa ender! I felt so damn proud. I learnt sometin'! Thanks Pa.

Fattwins - those are 185 K2 Enemies twin tips. they are a freaking blast to ski on. Little sketchy on the groomers at speed, but do great in pow and crud. I thought the same thing - they look like ski blades in that pic. I'm 6'0" and usually ski a 191 - 195 race ski. Big downsize this year. what about you? what you riding?

And to keep on topic - I have seen some damn good boarders at a lot of the resorts and mostly the good skiers congregate at Hakkoda. There are some true rippers in Japan and I think that would surprise a lot of people.

Back to work. Boss no likey when I post from work.

K2 twin tips? Wow, I would love to get a pair of those to do free riding stuff. Too bad they're 185 cos I'm only 5'10 and I prefer 170s or below for free riding, otherwise i'd beg you to sell them to me when you're done with them.

Plucky: Yeah I figured that you were tall.

Just looked like mini skis on both you guys.

I ride Dynastar little big fats 179cm. 118 90 114 are the specs I think. They rock anything but tight bumps. My friend has a pair of ememies both AK and regular ones. im only 5.7 and half. In Japan that makes me above average. helps the ego.

I like my skis cause they are in between the super fats and regular models. Bought the wife pocket rockets and she loves them.

Is there a lot of work up there were you guys are?

Join the Japanese or American Military! Soon to be a lot of work up here in Misawa! Okay, in poor taste (and I'm just kidding) \:\)

Fattwins - you have a private message

Markie - When will you be out in Japan next? If you hit the pre-season ski sales at say, Takeda Sports, you can get incredible deals on the last years models. I saved over 600 dollars on my Rossignols last year and over 500 on the K2's this year. If it's even a year old, they don't like it out here. Take advantage! (PM for you too)

I got all my stuff last year in Canada during the "Tommy & LeFebvre" warehouse sale in summer. Everything was 1/2 price or less. I bought gear, apparel and accessories there and even got all the taxes refunded when I left for home. A good deal but I couldn't find those K2 twin tips I wanted!