• Sunday, 12 Feb. 2012
    • Saturday, 18 Feb. 2012
    • Sunday, 19 Feb. 2012
    • Sunday, 26 Feb. 2012

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

British rail tickets are the biggest rip ever.......gotta book one well in advance to get the cheap ticket, if you walk up to the station its brutally expensive then you get on and find some drunken arse is in your seat and the conductor won't move him!! :doh:

British rail tickets are the biggest rip ever.......gotta book one well in advance to get the cheap ticket, if you walk up to the station its brutally expensive then you get on and find some drunken arse is in your seat and the conductor won't move him!! :doh:

Human rights eh? Damn EU.

In this situation, you need "Big Man" :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1w37OdwQlE

Bumpity bump-bump.

So far, it is looking like a toss-up between Feb. 11 and Feb. 18. All we need is one vote to tip the scales one way or the other.

Who will join us, and make the decision one way or the other?

Let's get this settled. Who will step up to the plate?

• 2 weeks later...
  • SnowJapan Admin

I just want to add to this - over the last few weeks we have been trying to put something together for this... indeed, something more generally wider reaching for Fukushima in general - lift tickets, vouchers or something else.

Sadly, without any success as yet - there seems to be little enthusiasm for the 'overseas market' this year in Fukushima. Perhaps understandably, but at the same time we proposed a few ideas that didnt involve a cost outlay as such that we thought would be a big help to the image issues.

Will perhaps give it another go this month.

Im in a bit of a limbo on this right now as I wanted to come up to Fukushima to ski with a friend, but it looks like she can only get Sundays off. If everybody is heading up on a Saturday I might be able to join that, meet my friend on the saturday night and ski with her on the Sunday but it really depends on her schedule and she cant say as yet as she has only just moved up there to start her new job training. So, it looks like Ill just have to see what everybody else is doing and hope to be able to match my trip up there with the same schedule.

I just want to add to this - over the last few weeks we have been trying to put something together for this... indeed, something more generally wider reaching for Fukushima in general - lift tickets, vouchers or something else.

Sadly, without any success as yet - there seems to be little enthusiasm for the 'overseas market' this year in Fukushima. Perhaps understandably, but at the same time we proposed a few ideas that didnt involve a cost outlay as such that we thought would be a big help to the image issues.

Will perhaps give it another go this month.

A real shame that.

:sadface:

is this still going on?

If so, what date is it?

I have to work on 4th/5th February.

Definitely.

Ok, let's nail this down.

The two leading dates are Saturday, Feb. 11 and Saturday, Feb. 18.

Barring objection or better suggestion, I suggest we set Saturday, Feb. 11 as the nominal date. Feb. 18 can serve as backup in the event that the weather is looking horrible (high winds, say) on the 11th.

Sound like a plan?

For anyone coming from Niigata, Niigata Kotsu is offering a roundtrip bus+lift ticket package from Niigata city to Alts Bandai for 3900 yen on weekends and holidays. This rate does apply on the date of the gathering (Sat. 11 Feb.).

See the Staff Blog on the Alts Bandai home page for info and link.

Hmm. Well, subtracting your vote from the 11th would tip the balance in favor of the 18th...

Ok, without starting a new poll, how about having a show of hands?

Who can make it on the 11th, on the 18th, or on either one?

I can do either one.

There's an outside chance that I might be able to make this, but discount me from any of the polls or head-counts and I'll let you know much nearer the time. Cheers! :friend:

That would be great Mick. Any preferences between the 11th and the 18th?

Also be great if Tubby can make it.

At this point it looks like the 18th is preferred. I will give the show-of-hands another day in case anybody wants to make a case for the 11th, then will make a final decision. Getting close enough that we should solidify things so folks can make plans (who haven't already).

Looking forward to meeting folks!

That would be great Mick. Any preferences between the 11th and the 18th?

Also be great if Tubby can make it.

At this point it looks like the 18th is preferred. I will give the show-of-hands another day in case anybody wants to make a case for the 11th, then will make a final decision. Getting close enough that we should solidify things so folks can make plans (who haven't already).

Looking forward to meeting folks!

All right, at this point there have been some preferences for the 18th, and none for the 11th, so in order for people to be able to make plans/nail down rides:

The SJ gathering at Alts Bandai will be held on Saturday, 18th Feb.

One month from tomorrow -- regardless of the weather.

Hope to see you all there!