No this isn't about a little bit of special time with one's self.

This is about this hyped up super-charged world that are all now living in!

Got a sore throat? Dont put up with that! Get down to the doctors right away and get some pills to sort it out.

Do you have a sudden need to see a monkey riding a unicycle? Get on Youtube.

Suddenly need to know the population of Uruguay? Click click done.

Need to buy a fridge at two o clock in the morning? Jump on Ebay, click click done.....

Unfortunately not everything works this way. The wheels in some industries turn much slower.

Some people's expectations of what can be done in a short space of time are just unrealistic and sometimes just plain ridiculous.

Anyone else experience this?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need to buy a fridge at two o clock in the morning? Jump on Ebay, click click done.....

I must admit I find it quite annoying that it will be at least a day or two before I receive it. :grandpa:

Know what you mean though.

Expectations are just all wonky and out of place now.

While it is great for some things to be more efficient and for us to have so much information on tap now, can't help feel that we get numbed by it all too much.

Yeah I see a fair bit of that. People not waiting for something. Not saving up for something - hey, I know, I can't afford it so I will just go and get a $6000 limit credit card so I can have it NOW. :slap:

On the other hand, I ordered a product (a robo vac :D) 10 weeks ago. It was stated may take between 2 and 8 weeks for delivery. So you wait the 8 weeks and a few days and then ask why. Oh, thank you for your patience there has been a delay. No estimate of delivery time, no explanation, and I am no longer bloody patient. $$$ back or product please!

I was very surprised however when I ordered a pair of leather boots from the UK on a Friday afternoon (Perth time) and they arrived postmarked from London and all in pristine condition on the Monday afternoon at my door in Perth. I couldn't get a Pizza delivered that quickly in Perth!! No delivery charge either!

Other than a little youprn ....ok.... A lot... I don't look at anything in the sense of instant gratification. Instant access ... Perhaps.

As Long as civilization has been been around so has this argument. Part of the old "young people these days" rant. I do agree with you on the credit issue though. That's a new one and it's really messing up a lot of people.

at the other end of the scale though.

You want a computer, or a flashy new tv and save up to pay cash for it.

By the time you have saved enough, the item you wanted is obsolete and superceded.

the new one is better, but more expensive, so you decided to wait, and save some more...until it too is obsolete and you never actually get around to owning one!

University in the UK now you're looking at what? Nearly thirty grand of debt just for fees. You can rack up a fortune even if you live at home and have a part time job.

That said, no degree, no work visa for Japan.

Agreed. School ain't such the good investment it was even as short as a decade ago. If I was to do it all again....trades school.

me too Chriselle. The only good thing my degree has been worth has been getting me the visa to live over here.

Agreed. School ain't such the good investment it was even as short as a decade ago. If I was to do it all again....trades school.

me too Chriselle. The only good thing my degree has been worth has been getting me the visa to live over here.

Haha.....Hey....I graduated with a BSc. in Marine Biology. I'm the bell of the ball when I take my kid to Hakejima Sea Paradise..... :lol: