I'm going to buy some new skis and wondering what size I should get.

Reading and being told that I should get them to be about the length of coming up to my nose.

I'm 180cm tall, pretty average build I'd say. Intermediate level skier, but mostly ski on groomers these days (blame my knee) and just off to the side so keen on skis that suit that.

Advices?

Thanks

When I puchased my new ski from levelnine sport's .com Theyhad a good section on their site about sizing which might help no matter where you buy our ski's from hope that helps. :)

For comparison, I'm 188cm, 100 kg and I teach on a 173cm Movement Jam ski (136-85-117) on and off the groomers.

For what you're looking for (and not having seen you ski) I would recommend a nicely shaped ski at or around 170 cm with a shovel in the 125-130 mm range and a waist in the 75-85mm range.

Weight is going to be the most important factor in ski sizing, then ability, then height. The heavier you are the longer/stiffer you need the ski to be in order to provide a stable ski experience.

Like Mike said you don't want something with a 125mm underfoot that probably wouldn't suit your needs. However there are a lot of skis around with a 90-100 underfoot that would do just fine on the groomers. Skis have become very good with hybrid rockers that allow you to hold edges well and still ski the side powder stashes. Ideally something shaped and around 90 in width would be perfect. Most park skis are about this size. For length if you are say 85kg I would go something like a 175