Quotes from the important news thread.....

one of my lads required a quick toilet stop and ran into a local KFC the other day - when he came out he complained of the stupid blue light - had to explain about the light being used to obscure veins and discourage intravenous drug use etc... obviously KFC and junkies are a good fit.
Those blue lights are everywhere in Perth, nearly every publick toilet, petrol station toilets etc. Also needle disposal bins in most public toilets too.

Thats pretty shocking to me.

What a sad state of affairs.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quotes from the important news thread.....

one of my lads required a quick toilet stop and ran into a local KFC the other day - when he came out he complained of the stupid blue light - had to explain about the light being used to obscure veins and discourage intravenous drug use etc... obviously KFC and junkies are a good fit.
Those blue lights are everywhere in Perth, nearly every publick toilet, petrol station toilets etc. Also needle disposal bins in most public toilets too.

Thats pretty shocking to me.

What a sad state of affairs.

Wow....that's pretty F'ed up.

Pubs and clubs tend to have em more than restaurants. Kinda like the sloping top of a toilet, so's coke heads can't set up lines on them

**in their toilets........not the UV lights that are common in the main club/pub area

I wouldn't say they are EVERYWHERE in Perth :lol:

Definitely in a lot of the public bathrooms in the entertainment area's.

The KFC bathroom that my son went into is in a fairly busy nightlife hub, and I would say has had a problem in the past.

It would be years since I have seen blue lighting in a bathroom, but I am not really frequenting that kind of area either.

Problems are more likely to be orally taken drugs than injectables these days anyway.

It doesn't necessarily mean that we have more Junkies down here than other places. It just means that business owners are doing more to discourage people from shooting up in THEIR toilets.

You would be naive to think that it doesn't go on just because there's no blue light.

But yes, very sad.

It doesn't necessarily mean that we have more Junkies down here than other places. It just means that business owners are doing more to discourage people from shooting up in THEIR toilets.

If there were no junkies, there would be no need........ How simple is that.

As if you really need it explaining, I was just pointing out that you live in a place where it is an issue. It's crazy and a very sad situation where people even need to begin to consider such things.

Where I live, the issue simply does not exist. If I told this story to my friends here, they would think I had gone mad.

You would be naive to think that it doesn't go on just because there's no blue light.

But yes, very sad.

compared to Japan, you do. But of course not in comparison to and other Western country

in McDonalds in the Cross in Sydney, you could buy a bag of heroin, 30mins with a prostitute and a big mac meal!! Not that I did (well I did buy a Big Mac) :shifty:

Careful, Tubby. It starts with just a Big Mac, but then...