Supposedly heroin dependence rates in Aus and the UK are around the same at about 7 per 1000 people. Is there any western country that doesn't have significant social issues from drug abuse?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supposedly heroin dependence rates in Aus and the UK are around the same at about 7 per 1000 people. Is there any western country that doesn't have significant social issues from drug abuse?

nope......western countries are [censored]ed up big-time with drugs. Since coming over here 4 and a half years ago, I've had 3 of my former students die of an overdose and about 5 who have went to jail for drug related offences (robbing to get money for drugs etc etc). All my hard work obviously didn't pay off

The Blue Light Discos are much more of a problem in my humble opinion.

Do they still have blue light discos? I remember going to a few back in the 80's.

ha ha i have no idea. I do not think they still have them. I never went to one. :(

The Blue Light Discos are much more of a problem in my humble opinion.

Do they still have blue light discos? I remember going to a few back in the 80's.

ha ha i have no idea. I do not think they still have them. I never went to one. :(

Don't laugh but yes they do and they seem to be making a comeback!! My son went to one the other week......I had a good laugh!! Only seems like yesterday I was going.......... :sadface:

I forgot Neighbours, those funny hats with corks dangling down and Steve Irwin.

And kangaroos. Although they are not really 'culture', are they.

Oh, and druggies in restaurants that are not equipped with blue lights.

I only learnt that recently though.

:)