• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ya....wow..! Ippy can even waffle on Yeti....impressive..   It's only a 30 minute drive after work for me. Even then it's a tough decision.

• 1 year later...

Ah, i have a special love of yeti even though the bus package INCLUDED the damn rentals (i learned this the second time) but the people at the counter thought i was some dumb gaijin so they charged me for the rentals on top of the bus package (evidently i was).

Hi ippy, does this bus package still exist? and where can it be purchased?

Thanks!

haaaaaaaaaaaannnggg ooooooooooooonnnn.... lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater here.

Heres a few reasons to go to yeti:

1. Its boarding on Mt Fuji! Not only will that amaze your friends on facebook, but if/when you return home, start a family, raise some kids, you can tell them all about mount fuji and how you snowboarded on it (whilst slightly overlooking the whole "yeti" part of it).

2. Its cheap for a first timer. The bus plus rental plus ticket deal you pick up at fujinomiya (tbc), is a great price for those of you just starting out. In fact id make the argument its an awesome place to start out because everyone else on the resort are absolute beginners as well. Cheap rentals, cheap day out on a snowboard... and you might even learn to link a turn. Why go somewhere expensive? Itll take you around 20 minutes to get down to that lift. Youll not mind the 15 minute queue to getback up one bit! you might even think thats normal (it isnt :)).

3. If you live shizuoka way and around fuji, its a petty easy day trip.

4. Its got a genuine party atmosphere. Its small, but loads of people. Everyones smiling and having a blast - theyre also probably stoked they are boarding on mt fuji.

5. If you hate it you can head to the amusement park nearby or better yet, go to the zoo/safari park and actually find out how the animals feel about being removed from their natural habitat in the Savanna to a mountain almost 2000meters above sea level (the park, not the mountain) in the middle of a very humid country and on a mountain that has a perma snow cap from about late october to mid march for the entertainment of a bunch of school kids. I bet theres some knock kneed giraffes in that place. :)

6. Early season shenanigans.

Reasons you probably shouldnt go to yeti:

1. You can link a turn.

2. Youve been there already.

3. You have the means to ride absolutely anywhere else.

4. You enjoy actually snowboarding a little bit more than soaking in the atmosphere of being in a snowy place with a bunch of rosy cheeked scamps all sitting around open fires desperately trying to avoid riding down a thin strip of (fake) snow with about 20 people per square meter on it.

Everyone should ride yeti! But only the fool does it more than once :D

Wow, Ippy you have a way to stretch word counts!! :D

Reasons to go to Yeti:

You live next door.....that's it

Reasons not to go:

It's gash

A day trip to Gunma is almost the same time from Tokyo, same price and much better snow. It's NOT on Mt Fuji, it's on one of the foothills

Short and concise :D

Can't say I would want to ski Yeti, except to say I have skied on Fuji, which well I have already done that a few years ago anyway! Think given the chance between being able to ski Yeti or not ski, I would choose not to ski, unless I am desperate of course!!!!

It's not really skiing on Mt. Fuji though, is it? I mean, you can see Mt. Fuji a few kms away so you can't really be skiing on Fuji. You can see pretty well in the photo below that since Mt. Fuji is well in the background it's a pretty far stretch to say that you're actually skiing Fuji.

Metabo%20Oyaji_98.JPG

Photo from Metabo Oyaji

It's not really skiing on Mt. Fuji though, is it? I mean, you can see Mt. Fuji a few kms away so you can't really be skiing on Fuji. You can see pretty well in the photo below that since Mt. Fuji is well in the background it's a pretty far stretch to say that you're actually skiing Fuji.

Metabo%20Oyaji_98.JPG

Photo from Metabo Oyaji

I tried saying this....seems people just want to believe the myth that they are on Mt Fuji

OMG! seeing that photo really makes me not want to go there ever!

WTF the surroundings are green everywhere with a narrow patch of manmade snow!!!

Metabo%20Oyaji_98.JPG

Photo from Metabo Oyaji

I tried saying this....seems people just want to believe the myth that they are on Mt Fuji

Metabo%20Oyaji_98.JPG

Photo from Metabo Oyaji

How DARE YOU SAY this isnt boarding on fuji! i dont care what your clearly photoshop photograph hopes to prove. And so what if i also have a photo of a mountain that looks like fuji in the background. Clearly its just a big coincidence and theres another mountain you cant see behind fuji that looks like fuji because you can only see fuji until youre on fuji. And then you can see the mountain that looks like fuji. QED. Actually im only pulling your leg. Obviously fuji snakes around and has massive ridge lines coming from it that stretch down to yeti. Obviously they are there, since its boarding on fuji, it stands to reason. :slap:

gallery_10042_47_34080.jpg