There have been 3 pretty big firework displays here over the last 4 days in Muikamachi, Shiozawa and Itsukamachi. Enjoying the festivals, drinking and eating.

cheers

So it's not all bad.

friend

I was right up close for the Shiozawa ones.

Amazing it was. With mountains pretty much surrounding the town on all sides, the very load bangs richocheting around really added to it big time. First time I had noticed anything like that, but it was awesome.

Ito has some great fireworks throughout the summer, too. We even have our own fireworks show from the breakwater right in front of my house. Going back to Canada so will miss all of them this year... sadface

Originally Posted By: muikabochi
I was right up close for the Shiozawa ones.
Amazing it was. With mountains pretty much surrounding the town on all sides, the very load bangs richocheting around really added to it big time. First time I had noticed anything like that, but it was awesome.

Yes that was fun muika. Only about 300m from lift off area. They made on heck of a noise around the mountains. Great stuff.

Summer is pretty much all good in my books! In no particular order, the things I love about it:

- hot weather

- surfing without a wetsuit

- beaches

- babes in bikinis

- ice cold beer (much better on a hot day!)

- festivals

- fireworks

- 7 weeks of vacation wink

There's more but I get lazy when I'm on vacation!

Originally Posted By: Chriselle
Ito has some great fireworks throughout the summer, too. We even have our own fireworks show from the breakwater right in front of my house. Going back to Canada so will miss all of them this year... sadface

The Ito fireworks are probably the best I've seen around here. Whenever I'm in Japan on August 10th I go there!
Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
Summer is pretty much all good in my books! In no particular order, the things I love about it:
- hot weather
- surfing without a wetsuit
- beaches
- babes in bikinis
- ice cold beer (much better on a hot day!)
- festivals
- fireworks
- 7 weeks of vacation wink
There's more but I get lazy when I'm on vacation!

7 weeks. Ahhh...those were the days.