The FOOTBALL Thread (2011-2012)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bit of a shame really to have the Mancurians meeting this early

Didn't Sky used to put on FA cup games or was it just the semis and the final or something?

At first i was all like... hahahahahahahaahahaha!!! then i was all like, "well, there goes the last remaining slither of interest anyone might have about the SPL! but then i thought about it again and

lol

Just in; Owen Hargreaves joins Manchester City on a pay-as-you-play contract, forecast to be worth in the region £0 over 5 years.

Haha. I suppose if ----- IF ----- he really can come back and play good, it might even end up being a decent move. If he can get past the other 400 or so players they have.

But Fergie deemed him not good enough for our squad, and In Fergie We Trust.

friend

I suppose it might be a bit like the Michael Owen deal.

Can you actually contract a player based purely on appearances? I suppose there has to be a very basic salary in there.

Quote:
He's a man on a mission: Hargreaves driven to prove United and Fergie wrong

Hey, give us our however many million quid it was that you took from us for doing sod all back then please. Oh yes and all those medical expenses too as we tried to fix you.

The 29-year-old underwent a medical at the DW Stadium on Monday and has now finalised his contract, which has an option for a third year if his stay is a success.

"Albert is someone we have been trailing for a long time and it is fantastic news that we have managed to get him," said manager Roberto Martinez.

"He will add something completely new to the squad, he has electric speed, really quick feet and has played over 150 games in La Liga.

"He is an explosive player, who understands how to affect games with his attributes, having earned his long experience in such a competitive, tactical and demanding league as La Liga.

"I am confident he can adapt quickly to the demands of the Premier League.

clap

Explosive! I like that.

Quote:
'Had an accident at work and it wasn't your fault?

Phone City4U now! Don't worry, no salesman will call & you won't even have to go to court. Mr A.N. Actor, 26, says:

"I was just about to start playing at Old Trafford when a dinosaur attacked me, and stole my identity. Fortunately, officials from City4U were following me, and they begged me to leave United. I didn't even have to go to court, AND City4U gave me a bloody massive cheque!"

Gary Cook: "'Yes, it's true - we gave Mr Actor a bloody Massive cheque, because we're bloody Massive. So if YOU have an accident in work, and wasn't your fault, or even if it was and your story's a load of old bollocks, call City4U NOW!"