Just wondering (about Forums being off)

SJfolk, I know you said that you are making preparations for future updates. But, do tell more. Seeing as though you are taking away some Forums time every now and again.

wink

Seriously, what are you actually doing when they are turned off?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SnowJapan Admin

Sorry about that Bag!

Well, come early September - as that is the plan - we will be turning the Forums off for a few days and they will after that be turned back on again looking a bit different and with lots more stuff to play with. It's more of a complete rebuild than an update really and because of that, we'll need to bring over everything that is here now into the new Forums. So there's a lot of preparation, and we don't want to get it wrong and make a mess of it. Today was a bit of a dry run to make sure things are in place.

Sadly, it's not a time to sit back with a coffee. wink

Originally Posted By: SJ-David

Well, come early September - as that is the plan - we will be turning the Forums off for a few days

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

My life will be empty....... sadface
  • SnowJapan Admin

We plan to put a nice picture of a snow monkey up during that time. Maybe even two.

Hopefully that will ease the understandable pain.

wink

• SnowJapan Admin

There's a been a link asking for comments and suggestions for the past 3 months at the top of the forums bobby.

Work has started on new stuff for 11/12 - comments & suggestions welcome

And in the News section, there's this:

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/403940/New_stuff_for_11_12_comments_s.html

Comments and suggestions are welcome any time.

smile

Originally Posted By: Man_In_Japan
No it won't. You'll be wedding planning. wink

Thats the lady's job.....I couldn't give a rats if we have red flowers or pink champagne! smile
We were up at the place on Monday picking out "Invitation Card Styles".....BORED TO TEARS!! The guy asked me what I thought, I said any were ok, I really don't care! smile The Mrs was happy though! biggrin
  • SnowJapan Admin
Originally Posted By: bobby12
I want it to display better on iphone...

Just to respond to this point bobby... I think you should find the updates will display better on mobile devices, or at least have the option to be more suited to the small display.

"There's a been a link asking for comments and suggestions for the past 3 months at the top of the forums bobby. "

Hehe now I see it. I have a very strong BS filter when it comes to the web, pretty much everything on the forum index page apart from the forum threads is like a blur to me.

Originally Posted By: bobby12
Hehe now I see it. I have a very strong BS filter when it comes to the web, pretty much everything on the forum index page apart from the forum threads is like a blur to me.

Yeah, Snowjapan really go way over the top with the advertising, google ads, banner ads and cheesy marketing slogans on their forum index page don't they!

Oh, hold on a sec.... there's so totally, like, NONE of that. confused