My city, Tokamachi, has announced a new scheme.... if we save over 15% on electiricty, we get 1000 yen Ecopoint vouchers. Looks like they will run it until October.

Interesting one that.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

win win!

You try hard to reduce electricity use (which will help with the current crisis) - your bill is lower - and if you meet the target you get a little reward for doing your bit.

thumbsup

Not really fair on people who were already economising on electricity proactively. Fairer would be to set a target based on the size of the home in M2 or number of dwellers.

I think the point is reducing <fullstop> not making the heavy users into eco users. So while it is not fair on those who are eco friendly and proactive in reducing their electricity bill already - it is a justifiable incentive to get those lesser motivated people reducing their use in a time of electricity shortage.

The power company does not care where the reduction comes from - they just want it down.

Originally Posted By: pie-eater
I looked at my latest bill here now and I have absolutely no idea how to answer. Sorry! lol

I think they design them that way. I have never been able to understand my phone bills.
Originally Posted By: Mantas
OK
Rates in New South Wales go something like this.

Peak= 34 yen per kwh
Shoulder= 12 yen per kwh
Low= 7 yen per kwh.

Some of us are on a "constant" rate - that means that we pay teh same rate per KwH regardless of when it is used. The rate here (in rural Aus) is 22.225 cents per KwH. Depending on the exchange rate at the time of conversion, that would be around 18 or 19 yen per KwH.

Edit: Mind you, with a 1.8Kw solar installation, we are not that badly off - especially with a feed in tariff of 60 cents (Au) per KwH our bill has dropped dramatically!
  • 2 weeks later...

Our office have told us that the aircon woll be set to 29 degrees.

My first response was you have got to be **** kidding.

Thats my most recent one too.

29 degrees!!!!!