Well, the final series has been decided. Boston vs. Vancouver! It should be an interesting series but I'm predicting Vancouver in 6.

Anyway, I'm sure it's only Chriselle and I that care about this thread...

BTW, if you've never played hockey you're a pussy wink

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Man_In_Japan
I played hockey in school once.

Kept getting mud stains on my skirt. wink

p.s Bieksa's winner. WTF?!

you made a typo, I've fixed it thumbsup
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Originally Posted By: Man_In_Japan
I played hockey in school once.

Kept getting mud stains on my skirt. wink

p.s Bieksa's winner. WTF?!

you made a typo, I've fixed it thumbsup

Cheers.

Damn autocorrect on the iPad. PoS. wink
Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
Anyway, I'm sure it's only Chriselle and I that care about this thread...

Yeah, I'm in. Lived in Van during the '94 run. Even remember 82. Only thing better than Canucks taking the cup would be the Leafs winning it. rollabout

Hey I'm in fer sure! The Canucks are where they should be after a stellar season but unfortunately I think Boston is going to take them in 5 games. Bruins are just too strong. I hope I'm wrong being a west coast boy and all. Wish I could watch the games somehow.. wakaranai

Yay, a hockey thread!

Nice goal by vancouver to take the first game. They should be favorites by a long way but Boston might cause a few surprises. I expect them to be strong at home.

Wish some SJ people could have joined in for a fantasy hockey league this year. I ended up winning my public yahoo league. Not bad for an Aussie living in Japan who has never seen a full NHL game before and learned about hockey through NHL 94 on the Genesis!

Thanks for the links guys. I wonder if NHK is going air any of the games in the wee hours of the night like they do with the NBA games. I imagine not but if you hear anything...let me know.

I just watched the highlights of game 1. Looked like a great game. Nothing better than cup final hockey.

Thanks for the streaming links. I'm using "ATDHE". Petty good but freezes for a moment from time to time.

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
hey Ger, not seen you around the forums for a bit, hows Shikoku life? Do you live in kochi?

Hey Tubby. Yeah, Shikoku's good. We've been in Tokushima for a several years but Kochi before that. Kochi thumbsup

Originally Posted By: MitchPee
Been watching the Bruins playoff run, really stoked to see them win since I have watched them since I was born and they always sucked.

Hey young fella... wink No old man jokes please! I guess you missed out on the Bobby Orr Boston years eh?..
Originally Posted By: Chriselle
Originally Posted By: MitchPee
Been watching the Bruins playoff run, really stoked to see them win since I have watched them since I was born and they always sucked.

Hey young fella... wink No old man jokes please! I guess you missed out on the Bobby Orr Boston years eh?..

Just barely. Met him a lot of times though at Bruins games. We were fortunate to have a family friend who was a ref in the NHL so tickets were easy to come by. He's a really interesting person and knows far more about hockey than anyone I've ever heard of.
Originally Posted By: ger
You should come down. Tokushima's cool. Kochi's even cooler (Don't tell the missus) ....So did you tie the knot?

not yet, next year is the actual ceremony but we'll probably do the legal thing down at city hall before that.