Apparently the Environment Ministry has estimated that there is 25 million tons of debris in the main prefectures in Tohoku affected by the tsunami.

That's just mindblowing. As my dad has said way too many times, where will all that go?

And just think of all the many tons and tons of debris that got pulled out to sea..... heading for my parents beach front property back in Canada.

Originally Posted By: BillTheBinMan
Apparently the Environment Ministry has estimated that there is 25 million tons of debris in the main prefectures in Tohoku affected by the tsunami.

That's just mindblowing. As my dad has said way too many times, where will all that go?

A lot of it could be recycled if they have the means to.

It's difficult to imagine how you even start picking up the pieces being confronted with that lot. I heard some towns even lost all records of their townfolk. Where to start?

sadface

Originally Posted By: BillTheBinMan

Funny the first thing Mr Snowhunter said was "Where will all that go"?? The really sad thing is in that 25 million tons are so many personal belongings, history and peoples whole lives. sadface

My grandad comment "Just think everything will have gone, even their passport!" He was very concerned that some people might have lost their passports for some reason.

Older people come out with some strange comments!

Quote:
Older people come out with some strange comments!

We're just goofing on you, laddie. We love sitting back watching you try to make sense of some meaningless jumble of words! lol
Originally Posted By: DiGriz
Well, whatever the age of this body, the real me is still about 16!

Haha smart 16 year old.

Looking back I wasn't that much of a screw up at 16. 13 on the other hand...

16 was a great age....just starting out in pubs and clubs, I still had hair....the gut wasn't developed yet and my mum still cooked and cleaned up after me....ahh natsukashiiiiiii!!