Yeah, anything that keeps the mexicans away is a bonus! (I live in NSW, so victorians are called "mexicans" because they are "south of the border")

Not the funniest with everything going on in Tohoku. Did you hear about the 7.4 just off the coast last night and tons of people with no electric again etc?

I feel ok joking about a mag 2 in Perth, and I think it's a bit off telling everyone off for joking about it.

I live in Christchurch - and actually I'm going to start a new thread rather than explain here the effect the quake has had on me - and it doesn't upset me if people joke about Perth having a 2.0, and I'm sure that most people affected by the Japan quake + aftershocks + tsunami wouldn't be too upset by it either. It's Perth ffs, it is funny.

EQs and the ensuing ASs wind everyone up so bloody tight, and people need to relax and have a sense of humour about it - or else you'll end up like me and crippling yourself through having all your muscles tense all the time.

People are going to deal and cope with these nasty situations in different ways and someone telling someone else - someone they don't even know - to lighten up and laugh about it ain't going to change the way they deal with them. In fact the person being told that may well want to tell the teller to piss right off, especially if they have not been through the experience themselves. That's what I think.

Originally Posted By: MintyNZ
I feel ok joking about a mag 2 in Perth, and I think it's a bit off telling everyone off for joking about it.

So if someone you know dies, can I make a joke about that then? confused

When everything is fine, and hunky dory, then that's the time to make jokes.

A lot of people on here may never have suffered, and hopefully won't, an earthquake or tsunami with such far reaching ramifications.

Originally Posted By: MintyNZ
EQs and the ensuing ASs wind everyone up so bloody tight, and people need to relax and have a sense of humour about it - or else you'll end up like me and crippling yourself through having all your muscles tense all the time.

Try telling that to people who lost family members and friends. They REALLY need a good laugh right now, don't they?