OK...I have a bit of a rant.

As adults you kinda know by now what level you are on the snoring meter...right? I snore a wee bit from time to time but even when I do it's pretty tame.

Here's my issue..

When I go to Hakuba solo I stay at the Goryu Drive Station which is an extremely reasonable bunk bed style joint to crash at. Most who stay there are regulars and appreciate the matter of fact, no frills style of the place. I really like it.

Cut to last Saturday night. The place is full booked up and everyone is in their bunks dreaming of first tracks. Then like rolling thunder the dude on the other side of me starts snoring like a freight train..I mean it was the kind of snoring that has some 80Hz bass in it and sounds excruciatingly painful.

This goes on all frickin night.

So, while I'm laying there wide eyed, pissed off, and playing out in my mind the hundreds of ways I could get away with killing this asswipe.....I start to ponder...

Where is the common sense? Where is the common decency and self awareness to realize that you are screwing with other peoples lives....nay...other peoples dreams? Is it possible that a 40 something year old dude is oblivious to the fact that he snores like a Husqvarna and has no idea how he is affecting the people who are quite literally sleeping right beside him?

My wife is always telling me I expect too much from people (usually her) and society in general. Really?

All I ask for is a little thought, a little self awareness, and a modicum of common courtesy. Is that too much to ask for?

Rant off.

Perhaps he's a virge and has never had anyone tell him about his snoring?

I have to admit, I would not know where to put my own level on a snoring meter. I'm usually asleep, so I can't tell.

It is annoying to have to put up with it though for sure.

but he's asleep so he can't know how bad he is, its not like he's doing it on purpose. You would've been within your rights to have woken him up though. This is the pleasure/pain of staying in a shared bunkhouse though smile

As a kid I shared my bedroom with my 2 brothers and at one time or another at least one of us would be guilty of snoring and keeping the others up, we used to whack each other on the head with a pillow, it woke the villan up and stopped the snoring......at least until everyone got to sleep and was oblivious of anything else

Originally Posted By: Mantas
One word, DORM.

Pay a bit more for your own room and problem solved.

Ya know..Mantas..ironically, THAT is exactly the kind of thinking I'm ranting about. grandpa
Originally Posted By: @tokyo
I am told I don't snore much at all.
Aren't I good? wink

thumbsup

My point exactly. After countless group ski, fishing, kayaking trips, many girlfriends, two wives.....no one has made a point to say that I snore. If I did snore one of them surely would have slugged me in the head about it...especially my ex-wife. lol

You should have done your bit of social responsibility and woken the guy up and told him to roll over. I think a lot of heavy snorers (is that even a word?) just haven't been told, so they just don't know they even snore at all, no less annoyingly loud.

Originally Posted By: panhead_pete
I struggle to share a room with someone I'm intimate with, have no idea how you guys do the share room thing but kudos for trying.

Luv em and leave em hey Pete.. evilgrin
Originally Posted By: Ezorisu
You should have done your bit of social responsibility and woken the guy up and told him to roll over. I think a lot of heavy snorers (is that even a word?) just haven't been told, so they just don't know they even snore at all, no less annoyingly loud.

Interestingly, I was going to mention something in the morning but at breakfast his buddy was giving him a grilling about it and happened to look over at me and I nodded in agreement. Message conveyed.