• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morph was produced for the BBC by Aardman Animations, later famous for Wallace and Gromit.

Morph's 30th Birthday was celebrated in 2007 by creator Peter Lord and celebrity fan and comedian Phill Jupitus at events for the Encounters Film Festival in Bristol.

Morph appeared mainly in one minute "shorts" interspersed throughout the show. These were connected to the main show by having Hart deliver a line or two to Morph who would reply in gobbledygook but with meaningful gestures. Later on, Morph was joined by cream-coloured Chas, who was much more badly behaved and sometimes can morph.

Morph lived in an artist's wooden pencil box, and he and Chas both loved to eat strawberry shortcakes, as seen in many of the shorts.

Some of the early plasticine models of Morph were destroyed in a fire at the warehouse they were being stored on 10 October 2005.

Morph and Chas appeared in shorts on the British children's TV programme SMart from 1994 onwards.

In March 2009, shortly after Hart's death, a flashmob of Morph characters was organised in London outside the Tate Modern art gallery.

In 2009, the BBC drama Ashes to Ashes featured Morph in a guest appearance as a representation of a present-day medic.

this thread made me buy the dvd. couldnt find any torrents.

thats the power of freeing your content by putting it online! it leads to sales!

That's not the original Morph clips

Quote:
I love Morph but I urge you not to buy this DVD. Since when did Morph play computer games? Why is Neil Morrissey narrating? I was enticed into getting this DVD because I thought it included the classic 'Gobbledygook' episode. Watching it made me feel cheated as it is just a poor updated imitation of the original Morph we all know and love. I'm sure even people with tiny minds will question this versions authenticity. Must try harder. (P.S don't be fooled into buying the Flumps DVD because you think you enjoyed it when you were a nipper - it's rubbish)

Let us know what it's like anyway.

its funny, the ones i was watching on youtube seemed to be different to the morph i remembered. i guess they made a new series of it at some point. i dont remember the white morph, and his face looks different.

anyway, the new ones on youtube are funny too. shame theres no torrents of the original morph.

The clips in this thread I think are the original ones with that new beginning and end bit. Chad was there back then.

Neil Morrissey narrating?! WFT is that?

Anyway. Do tell us how it is bobby. Cheers.