Originally Posted By: iiyamadude
Originally Posted By: tripler
They do service the same terrain.

Well, no they don't, actually. Not exactly the same.
Saying it more than once won't change it!

No, not exactly the same but very close. Nothing much would be lost by closing pair lifts 8 and 6. Can't you see from the piste map you kindly posted, that it's very easy to ski from the top of lift 7 to the run served by lift 8? In real life it's even more obvious. Go back to Iiyama City dolls museum, where you belong.

muikabochi, Maki no Iri, which is to the right, has closed. One year, they actually had a joint ticket with Kijimadaira. I am just sorry that I could not make it that year, as it looks like they had some good terrain.

It really is too bad that those places (sounds like Myoko feuds) just can't be friends and try to share the wealth...with all the IC readers, etc. you figure there would be a logical revenue share. It reminds me of the fishermen in Japan, none want to cooperate, various hierarchy structures, oh wait, sounds like the government, doesn't it?

To the left, X-Jam Takaii Fuji is open for business with a couple of lifts and some great park to compensate.

I remember going to Niigata Airport immigration once and they were closed for lunch. WTF. I got there 12:01pm. They had closed 1 minute earlier, so I had to hang around for a full hour before they opened up. At 1pm exactly of course.

Originally Posted By: sanjo
I remember going to Niigata Airport immigration once and they were closed for lunch. WTF. I got there 12:01pm. They had closed 1 minute earlier, so I had to hang around for a full hour before they opened up. At 1pm exactly of course.

Done that too.

Even more annoying when it's a 2 hour trip to get there!
Originally Posted By: dyna8800
muikabochi, Maki no Iri, which is to the right, has closed. One year, they actually had a joint ticket with Kijimadaira. I am just sorry that I could not make it that year, as it looks like they had some good terrain.

With places like that, when they were doing it together, how do they split up the revenues?

I had a bad exp. there too - on a weekend tho!! I went there years ago to hit that steep slope and get what little powder was left on it due to the northern aspect of it. I could see from the bottom that that top lift was running. After buying a lift ticket and arriving at the top lift, I found out that you weren't allowed to take your board or skis up. It was only for gapers to go up and enjoy the view. Kijimadaira has been black-listed ever since!

Go for the paraskiing, the soft groomers, or the onsen, not for the steep run!

I'm going there again this Saturday, but not if I can't ski from the peak. Are you saying you're *never* allowed to take board/skis up? Surely that can't be so. Here's a quote from a brochure:

"Home to one of the steepest ski slopes in Japan. Runs averaging 35 and up to 45 degrees. Test your nerve and brave the slopes of Kijimadaira."

Interestingly that tour goes on Wednesdays and Saturdays, so some punters may be disappointed.

Originally Posted By: Big Dogg
I had a bad exp. there too - on a weekend tho!! I went there years ago to hit that steep slope and get what little powder was left on it due to the northern aspect of it. I could see from the bottom that that top lift was running. After buying a lift ticket and arriving at the top lift, I found out that you weren't allowed to take your board or skis up. It was only for gapers to go up and enjoy the view.

Thats really strange.
Surely there's another explanation to that I can't see them not allowing skies/boarders up on a moving ski lift at a ski resort in winter.
Can't even imagine that there's many sightseeing people up there.