Apologies if this is in the wrong section, I wasn't sure where to put it...

I'm in the market for a new board, wider than the one I have now, which the boots hang over about 1" to 1.5". My current board is 25cm at the waist. I've researched 'wide' boards and found only 26.3-26.8cm at the waist. Is that a big difference?

If you have any input please let me know! Also I'll probably just be doing freeride, not ready for jumps/tricks just yet! lol

thanks!

Did you try more aggressive angles? If you get used to them it may be all the clearance that you need.

Also, are you actually having problems, or it just look funny? An inch of overhang is not much, and unless you are engaged in extreme carving not worth worrying about it.

I don´t have big feet so I can´t be of much help. But I reckon if I had an inch overhang, it will drag. Yes I do carve, but not that extreme. I´m thinking more on steep slopes. Carve, traverse ...

adding to Venture and Elan,

Nitro Pantera Wide is 27cm

Arbor looks cool.

Adjusting angles is a good idea. For my 7.5 boot, going from 25 to 25.5 width, I can feel the difference on hard pack. I adjusted the angle ( 24/-15 to 18/-15) and is better.

I guess it´s about getting used to and you find the way to use that equipment. I do think wide boards for large feet makes sense though.

if you like your current board, you could instead buy some low profile boots. Theyll size you down to a 10.5 making it much easier on you. smile Maybe drop yoru back foot to a 9 or so and youll be golden.

• 2 weeks later...