Nothing serious, a few cracked ribs, 1 torn tricep, 1 "torn" thigh muscle (but actually cut by being pinched between wrist guards and femur), partially dislocated shoulder (twice on one trip).

That's about that can be acredited to snow sports.

Quote:
Originally posted by barok:
cracked rib, 3 weeks, you'll be fine.
It's been 10 days since my injury and my ribs are still killing me. I can hardly play the piano. I don't think I'm gonna make that 3 week target, Barok, I just hope it does heal before my Easter project in Arai.

Depends on which ribs. I was told to allow 6 weeks for the litle ones at the bottom to heal.

You should find that the pain will subside in the next couple of days, but if you knock them again soon, you WILL know about it.

Actually, I was feeling quite good by last Friday. Then I had a big SNEEZE. That really killed me for the weekend. The worst part is that you can only do so much to prevent a sneeze. If it comes, it comes!

Going through the forest under the gondola just past the bowl at Hakkoda Saturday (awesome powder everwhere!!) started playing in the trees....got into a fight with one of them, he won! If not for my massive quads ;\) I definitely would've broken my leg or knee eek.gif Have a pretty cool bruise though....

I broke my leg and ankle last season in my first year on the hills.

I was trying to ride way beyond my abilities.

It put me off quite a bit, but I've been gingerly having a go again this year.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
Grabbing the affected parts (including nose) before sneezing can help...
I just felt a really big sneeze coming on and dreading the worst, I remembered some words of advice. So I folded my arms over my chest and pressed hard just before I exploded. Well, to my relief, the pain was greatly reduced. Thanks a lot, Ocean 11!

some idiot smashed into me while at niseko and took me out hard core...

my shoulder has been getting worse day bye day since then! mad.gif mad.gif

might even consider seeing a doctor soon...

danz

Did a good number on my body this weekend...

took a tree hard on the thigh...I'm afraid to look at it now...

had my pole jam into my ribs too...I think I bruised my ribs or something, cause it is mighty painful...

my shoulder is still bothering me from 3 weeks ago...

and my toenail finally fell off this past weekend...

I'm in bad shape...

danz