Quote:
Originally posted by RayInJapan:
jet skiing is just around the corner...
and mountain biking
smash.gif

Right on ray the season dont matter to me.. I am always going fast........

Don't take it too seriously danz. They've got the long-range predictions consistently wrong. This was supposed to be a warm winter without much snow, as Mrs 11 never tired of reminding me. Even if the stinking rotten little cherry blossoms do show their faces early, the snow will knock them off. mad.gif

Besides, I believe you own a Dirtsurfer...

you are correct O11...

I'm just not ready to think about putting my skiis in the closet just yet...

but I might be bugging you come spring for some good ds riding spots...the kanto plain is a bit...ah...flat.... \:D

danz

I think I may have a cherry tree over my back fence of sorts plus I hear that they bloom in the trees along the streets around my house and that I should expect to find people having a picnic and getting drunk on the side of these narrow roads where you would normally find a footpath

I am working on composing really long sentences.

Quote:
Originally posted by enderzero:
So where are the best spots to view the sakura?
In Nara prefecture, cant beat Yoshino, big hill, quaint hilltop village and more cherry trees than you could poke a stick at

Isn't it the case at Yoshino where, even if you took a stick to poke the cherry trees, your arms would be pinned to your sides by all the other people packed in there?

When it comes time to look at cherry blossoms, I'm always tempted to club to death one of those many 'kameraman', battering his head in with his own equipment. What's the go with taking close-ups of little flowers every year anyway?

I remember taking my parents for a picnic to Maruyama Koen in Kyoto to see the cherry blossoms. Not only was there nowhere at all to sit, the whole place reeked of regurgitated sake. Charming and harmonious, natural and fleeting.