Myoko Suginohara (Niigata) - 2nd February 2011

I'm pretty sure that the Akakura part of Myoko is actually quite a few small place stuck together. You know, like Zao and Happo and Ishiuchi with numerous owners each jostling for position. Tons of complicated local politics.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: SKI
Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
Thanks Ski,

I visited the Kanko and Onsen websites to get a better idea of the situation. It seems that they actually have a joint ticket now called the Myoko Kogen Akakura Snow Area ticket for 4800Â¥ that allows you to ride both Kanko and Onsen together.

The Mt. Myoko ticket (4500Â¥) apparently doesn't work at Akakura Onsen. I was also told the same thing two years ago. The ticket is for Suginohara, Ikenotaira, Akakura Kanko. Onsen also seems to be left off of the season passes.

There is also something new this year called the Myoko Mega Mount ticket. It covers 8 resorts Suginohara, Onsen, Kanko, Ikenotaira, Ski Park, Kyukamura Myoko, Madarao Kogen and Tangram Ski Circus. It's insanely cheap during the week at 7,000 for accommodation, lift pass and 2 meal tickets (or 8,800Â¥ for accommodation, 2 lift passes and 2 meal tickets). Weekends you pay an extra 2000Â¥

The only mention of "The Big 4" on any of the websites is for a season's pass that cover four areas for 60,000Â¥

Well, at least Onsen and Kanko have worked something out with a joint ticket.

I was just looking myself and learned more, not as simple as I posted earlier sorry.

It's really not very clear at all is it.

I wonder why Onsen are not on that Mt Myoko ticket.

We got "big4" ticket vouchers at our hotel, ski to the ticket box, exchange for a MtMyoko ticket (I have one sitting here as I type this) It allowed us to ski Akakura Onsen, Akakura Kanko, Ikenotaira and Suginohara. No dramas at any of them. A couple of times, we bussed to Suginohara, exchanged the voucher there, and slid on 3 of the 4 resorts over the course of the day.

I dunno what youse guys are on about!

The Big 4 Ticket doesn't appear on a single one of the resort websites in Myoko. That ticket could very well have been a special that is only offered at certain accommodations (probably the more expensive ones). Everything I posted about the types of tickets was information I gathered from the resort websites. If other tickets exist but no information is provided about them anywhere it points to an even bigger problem with the resorts' organizational skills.

Don't get me wrong JA, I love Myoko Kogen and have probably spent over 50 days on the hills there over the years but that doesn't change the fact that they don't have their act together. The number of closed hotels and shops in the area points to problems as well...

right, i should be coming on and around the 17th-27th smile

Anyone know of cheap dirt bag accommodation? I remember ikenotaira welcome center place having some kind of deal on a few years back for cheap stay there, but dunno now?

Help a brother out. Im KILLING my postgrad fund (that i havent ever managed to save a penny for in ooooh.. 7 years now?), so yeah, it needs to be scumbag accommodation.

If the worst comes to the worst ill just kip at the net cafe during the week in nagano (though not the weekend, that rnb club BLOWS when youre trying to sleep at the weekend), but naturally i dont need any more disincentives to ride smile Im a master for avoiding snow when its right there razz

• 4 weeks later...