Just to add to that, I make any adjustments I want to in Photoshop though it's usually only very minimal.

Then I resize to 750 pixels longest length in IrfanView.

Dead easy.

Can do tons of photos all at the same time with one click.

It takes literally a minute.

Also makes sense too because it is just silly to upload huge photo files - here or anywhere else.

• SnowJapan Admin
Originally Posted By: Metabo Oyaji
Does the video uploader resize videos like the photo uploader does to photos?

I'm not too sure on a detailed answer and technical stuff to that one, but it does resize and convert. So if you upload a 50MB video, it will end up being considerably smaller.

friend

Putting on my serious hat for a moment.

Yes, I do have one. wink

Lots and lots of people take a LOT from this website.

Hours and hours of fun times on the Forums. [Yes, it's people posting who make them what they are, but SnowJapan provides the platform and gets people here in the first place]

All the masses of information on the site.

The really useful daily reports and daily data etc that is provided.

All the photos that people upload.

The friends made.

Etc.

It's all for free.

It really is a fantastic website, and one that is not plastered with ads and popups etc. We are not bombarded with commercial stuff which is pretty amazing when you think about it.

I don't think people realise the humungous amount of ongoing effort that goes into all of this, and perhaps people also forget. I've met the guy behind the site a few times back in the UK (fellow northerner!) and while I don't know in depth I have got a bit of insight when I have chatted over some beers in Parbold and Liverpool.

So, I for one have a very large amount of goodwill for this here website, and when I go out I will be sure to upload my pretty rubbish photos. I have spent a lot of time looking at ones that other people have uploaded and appreciate that, so I'll try to give something back. I think I can manage to spend 10-15 minutes doing that out of my posting time.

I'll try not to make them too rubbish.

OK, I'll go back to being silly now.

• SnowJapan Admin

I really didn't mean for this to become a huge issue as such or hoping for comments etc - just saying:

If you have photos and are happy to upload them, please do.

(And if you don't want to, then... don't!)

Thank you.

friend

Originally Posted By: SJ-David
Originally Posted By: Metabo Oyaji
Does the video uploader resize videos like the photo uploader does to photos?

I'm not too sure on a detailed answer and technical stuff to that one, but it does resize and convert. So if you upload a 50MB video, it will end up being considerably smaller.

friend

Good, so I don't have to worry about squeezing them down to some more reasonable size myself. smile
  • SnowJapan Admin

I doubt many people have photos this large, but we have increased the photo uploading size limit on the site from 8MB to 12MB.

It wasn't difficult to change so we thought we would do it. Will change the relevant text on the photo pages soon.