Pies, Beer & Kebabs........a Beaver's Trip Home for Christmas

Hey all, got back from my Christmas trip home. Had an awesome time, drank a LOT of beer, ate a few pies and more than a few kebabs....think its time this Tubby Beaver went on a diet!! omg

I won't bore you with all the pics, just a couple to give you the right idea

Delayed 5 hours in Heathrow due to the massive amount of snow that wasn't anywhere to be seen when I landed.....on a positive note it allowed me to get the beer and pie count off to a flying start....

PC230879.jpg

PC230880.jpg

PC230882.jpg

PC230881.jpg

although the snow on the ground at Heathrow was pathetic, when I finally managed to get home, there was plenty snow everywhere...my garden

PC250907.jpg

it snowed on Boxing Day-night

PC270935.jpg

PC270937.jpg

went out the next day, on the Thursday and had a pub lunch with my mum and dad, a few more ales down the gullet and a lovely steak pie....mmmmm

PC230895.jpg

met up with my mates that night, afterwards I made a beeline to my favourite kebab shop. Got a half-chicken, half kofte kebab....mmmmm...best kebab in town! My mrs said she didn't know what she wanted so I helpfully ordered for her and she got the donner kebab with everything on it!! Lo-an-behold she couldn't finish it so I got to eat that as well!! yummy biggrin

PC240903.jpg

PC240904.jpg

boxing day in my house is always lazy day, don't do much and we always eat my mum's home made steak and ale pie yummy

PC280941.jpg

Visited one of my fave Italian restaurants for what is one of the best Pizza's I have ever had

PC310952.jpg

Happy New Year everyone!

cheers

definitely NOT the pizza though, apparently its a very poor showing and is nothing compared to the all winning, all powerful yank pizza's that sweep all other pizza's to the side.

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
if you can, try a kofte as well.....like a spiced lamb patty molded onto a skewer and cooked. looks like a giant Sikh kebab from an Indian restaurant....very nice! thumbsup

It's on the list!

Marmite isn't wink