Originally Posted By: griller
Any plans for anything like that?

Only in my head (or the heads of others like me!) - I don't think Tokyu have any plans to do anything. A Niseko local might have more info on that frustrating topic. lol
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Mick Rich
Ok, I'm bumping this post because this morning I rode what is definitely the slowest lift in Furano, if not Hokkaido!!

Mick%20Rich_16.JPG

If not the world!! wink
Just love those tea tray lifts.

Yeah, it was like riding an old, kiddies' fairground ride, though still more comfortable than a pomma! I've also heard a rumour that it may not be here next season so if you find yourself in Furano with 10 minutes to kill..... smile

Originally Posted By: muikabochi
A pomma, Mick?

I always remember that one at Madarao. Tiny tea tray single lift taking you up a fairly steep and high slopes. Hairy stuff!

a Poma lift......it tows you up the mountain. Very old fashioned and a pain in the neck for snowboarders.

Poma_Lif.jpg

it looks a lot more serene than it actually is!! I ended up with big bruises on the inside of my thigh after riding them up what felt like the north face of the eiger while riding at Glenshee over New Year. They give you a good jerk right at the start as well, if you're not used to them they will put you on your face.

I haven't used a T-bar MB and I dunno what a J-bar is. smile

Originally Posted By: Mick Rich
Ok, I'm bumping this post because this morning I rode what is definitely the slowest lift in Furano, if not Hokkaido!!

Mick%20Rich_16.JPG

I wonder if the dude at the top of the lift gets his lunch sent up on that.

Would be a good "Cheese at Resorts" shot, perhaps a cheese spread on a plate going up.

wink