Important facts in the kitchen

Originally Posted By: seemore
You shouldn't use aluminiun pans anyway as they leach toxic aluminiun.

Steel is the best and it works with induction.

How about seeing peoples kitchens. seemore_5.jpg

Is that your kitchen? It's very nice.

Well that aint a kitchen. It's open plan. Nasty smells while watching telly naughty

Hey Thursday

That is a very common complaint from people with asian back grounds who prefer external ventilation.

Although the majority of new homes in WA are something similar

We don't cook too much smelly stuff inside.

This is for smelly stuff.

seemore_5.jpg

Effin hate open plan kitchens with a passion - don't know why though. Just puts me off a house if I see one.

More advice, always have a steel ready for sharpening your knives.

Originally Posted By: seemore
Hey Thursday

That is a very common complaint from people with asian back grounds who prefer external ventilation.

Although the majority of new homes in WA are something similar
We don't cook too much smelly stuff inside.

This is for smelly stuff.
seemore_5.jpg

It looks good but that's about it.

A good stir fry pukes smoke abundantly. You'd have a thin film of sticky grease on your living room walls. Not practical.

Ever did a steak on that stove? Steak is fantastic when crunchy on the outside and pink to raw on the inside. Hellava lot of smoke from those babies.
Originally Posted By: RobBright
Effin hate open plan kitchens with a passion - don't know why though. Just puts me off a house if I see one.

More advice, always have a steel ready for sharpening your knives.

Me too. I's hates them. Not at all practical.

Open plan rocks boys. Just doing the plans for my new place on the Sunny Hoax and its all open plan. Well maybe not the toilet. Just trying to find a pic of the reno and kitchen I did in my place in Scarbs.

Before - well after White Knight laminate paint to sort out the pink cabinets and benchtops

n615861479_917274_337.jpg

During

n615861479_1002251_7276.jpg

After - the grey is the fully integrated dishwasher awaiting its door. Sorry it doesnt show the full kitchen.

n615861479_917273_9793.jpg

The 1st splashback that was 100mm too long...

n615861479_1830654_4865.jpg

View back to the kitchen.

n615861479_1830653_3867.jpg

Cant wait to finish the new house design. Love this sort of stuff.

Looking good Pete

Knife steels just don't work for me I cheat and use a different sharpener.

Steak cooking on the BBQ at the moment lots of smoke but thats outside anyway.

If you stir fry alot you are going to have a thin layer of oil regardless of location of kitchen I worked in chinese restaurants with industrial rangehoods and it still happens.

Just use water instead of oil.

Seemore

Very nice Seemore! Is that the sink there below the microwave? I also like the way your patio is shaded. We've been planting trees to try and get some. It determines how much you can use the space.

We've got an IH cooker too, so we're all steel now. The cooker is a four ring AEG one. Japanese brands didn't do four when we got ours. Our kitchen isn't central but its open plan and its worked great. Helps us keep an eye on the kids and I can look at the woodstove or some crap I've downloaded while doing the dishes.

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
Where's the wimmin? Aren't they supposed to be in the kitchen?
ooooooohhh! Thems fighting words!

I like an open plan kitchen. Had a fantastic one 2 houses ago, that also had a small contained cooking kitchen off to the side - I never cooked in the small kitchen, but I did use it to stuff all the dirty dishes when we were having a party.

Current kitchen is open plan with the dining and sunroom (a small walk through area with a couch). But separate from the rest of the house. I prefer the kitchen to be open plan so that I can be included in the socialization/family chat while I cook.
Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
Where's the wimmin? Aren't they supposed to be in the kitchen?
ooooooohhh! Thems fighting words!

I like all kitchen's. Had a fantastic one 2 houses ago, that also had a small contained cooking kitchen off to the side - my master didn't let me sleep in the small kitchen, but I did use it to stuff all the dirty dishes when he was having a party.

Current kitchen is open plan with the dining and sunroom (a small walk through area with a couch). But separate from the rest of the house. I prefer the kitchen to be open plan so that I can be included in the master's socialization/family chat while I cook.

very informative of you MB....nice to see a women who knows her place

wink