• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
How much is the normal price? Normal turkeys in Japan are double the price of Canada. 10kg turkey is about 9000Y.

10kg is a big turkey!
We usually buy about 14lb which is probably around 6kg the price is 5000 yen including delivery
  • 3 weeks later...

We did our Turkey in the Spit Roaster - was OK, but my oven baked Leg Ham with Pineapple Glaze was AMAZING. The friend we had over for dinner that night (Chrissy Eve) emailed me for the recipe and was making it for Boxing Day.

Originally Posted By: Mantas
We had a whole turkey on the BBQ and it was sensational. Still eating it today. I can't believe how much meat came off one bird.
Ours was pretty much GONE on Christmas Day, but I was feeding 26 people. Also polished off the majority of a butt off beef and about half the leftover ham from Christmas Eve Dinner.

I was more shocked about how much meat came off the baked ham.
Can feed an army!
Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Originally Posted By: Mantas
We had a whole turkey on the BBQ and it was sensational. Still eating it today. I can't believe how much meat came off one bird.
Ours was pretty much GONE on Christmas Day, but I was feeding 26 people. Also polished off the majority of a butt off beef and about half the leftover ham from Christmas Eve Dinner.

I was more shocked about how much meat came off the baked ham.
Can feed an army!

Feeding 26!?! Wow. Well done, is all I can say!

We had a great Christmas Feast -

Turkey - Roast Pork - Ham - Candied Yams - Garlic Beans - Spinach Stuffed Onions (YUMMY) - Pumpkin - Baked Potatoes - Cauliflower and Broccoli Au Gratin

THEN for Dessert

Pavlova - Pumpkin Pie - Pecan Pie - Trifle - Plum Pudding.

Think I put on about 5 kgs doh Oh well I will just have to ski hard in Japan to lose it. thumbsup

Originally Posted By: snowhuntress
We had a great Christmas Feast -

Turkey - Roast Pork - Ham - Candied Yams - Garlic Beans - Spinach Stuffed Onions (YUMMY) - Pumpkin - Baked Potatoes - Cauliflower and Broccoli Au Gratin

THEN for Dessert

Pavlova - Pumpkin Pie - Pecan Pie - Trifle - Plum Pudding.

Think I put on about 5 kgs doh Oh well I will just have to ski hard in Japan to lose it. thumbsup

Candied Yams? Please explaaaaain.

my Xmas dinner was haggis parcels (in a whisky sauce), then spiced lentils and carrot soup then the main course of Roast Turkey, roast potatoes, Potato croquets, roasted carrots and parsnips in whole grain mustard, Brussel sprouts with bacon, leek, cream and pine nuts, pigs in blankets, cheese in blankets, mashed potato, stuffing and delicious gravy made from the Turkey juices. Dessert was a choice of Trifle, Sticky Toffee Pavlova or Profiteroles and cream. I had a bit of everything! yummy