Chrissie Pressie ideas - 2010

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: thursday
because you actually had to do some work?

stressed out mums n dad's being abusive to me because we don't have a certain toy.........I don't take too kindly to that. My customer service skills were stretched beyond breaking point until they broke!!
Originally Posted By: Mamabear
lol He is ELEVEN! lol

And he has to go to work?
No. He WANTED to go to work.
Last year he just played and maybe bagged a few apples. This year he actually worked - like a real person!! omg - and the only tomfoolery was went #2 son wrapped him to the pallet with the industrial cling film stuff.
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
because you actually had to do some work?

stressed out mums n dad's being abusive to me because we don't have a certain toy.........I don't take too kindly to that. My customer service skills were stretched beyond breaking point until they broke!!

I had an interesting one from Toys-r-us here in Perth last week.
The eleven yr old asked for a particular well selling toy, that I didn't even know existed, just the day before. We had not a lot for him, and were looking for inspiration so I started trying to track one down.

Called 2 Toys-r-us stores closest to be on hold for a LONG time (that's OK) just to be told they were sold out. The price on theirs was a $50 dearer than Target (but I had not worked that out yet - in fact not until after I bought one! doh!). Finally at the Toys-r-us about a 45 minute drive away they said they had two in stock.
"great! Can you hold one for me? I will be there this afternoon"
"No maam. We can't hold anything."
"oh...ok. Well you are a 45 minute drive from me and I don't want to drive all that way to discover you just sold the last one - can I pay for it now via CC over the phone and then come up to collect it this afternoon?"
"No we don't take payment over the phone."

Seriously? Seriously?
Another example of really bad customer service 'because they can'.
I understand that they may miss out on sales because they held stuff for people who never showed up, but what would be the harm of putting the item in the customer service desk for one hour - returning it to the floor if it is not collected in that time.

No...not rude.

Sweet actually.

I was having a sad moment about the kids growing up and leaving home and no more kiddy Santa photo's so the little monsters organized to get one done as a surprise. They got me extra copies and a USB copy as well. biggrin

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
a USB copy?

Santa brought me some Family Guy.
And some Battlestar Gallactica.
And, best of all, some socks.

Yeah yeah .. so I am not so technimakal - but a high quality digital copy of the photo on a USB thumb drive.

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA - quality!

It's my anniversary day after tomorrow - neither of us want for anything - I think I will just get him the DVD box set of 'Who do you think you are' - we both find the genealogy exploration fascinating.
I have a decent 5.1 home theatre system. Can't use it though, the baby is sleeping.

Sound proof your lounge/theatre room - or better still sound proof the baby's room! (is he really that much of a baby now? I would say more of a young man!)