Hey snowjapan dudes and dudettes. Seems like you have good snow again over there! Yippee! I'm off to Italy on Monday for my 2nd snow hols of the season.

Anyway, another Japan question if you don't mind ;\)

....Not just with snow resorts and stuff, but are different areas of Japan cheaper than others? Just another thought that will have a lot to do with our trip to Japan next season.

Japan is price fixing country so no. Although buying fruit and veg in rural supermarkets is going to be a lot cheaper than in big towns. But I don't think you'll really have the price of carrots much on your mind when you're here.

I found this super cheap grocer. A Bag of frozen filet chicken breast 12 pieces 150 yen. Vegies from 40 yen. A bag of 6 steaks 1000 yen. a lump of bacon as big as your calf 500 yen. shop for bargins.

I got my seasons pass for 2 people 40000 total.

got a weekday pass at another for 25000 yen each.

Just got to look around or ask.

it doesnt matter where you go, ciggies are always teh same price.

On food stuffs: I am sure my Tokyo suburb charges more as it gives the locals a big ego. I think they like paying more.

It may be an unsubstantiated rumour, not sure, but I heard that petrol gets more expensive the further you go away from a port. So theoritically if you get it in Joetsu its cheaper than Nagano city. But Ive never paid much attention so cant confirm