After seeing Jynxx's pics and then seeing that even Scotland is getting its first snow, I'm getting well excited! Post from your/nearest/favourite resort as it starts to accumulate snow!!

The Lecht

the-lecht.jpg

Glenshee

glenshee.jpg

and the upper runs at Cairngorms also have their first snowfall, but I don't know how to link the webcam image

haha, when I posted the Glenshee one, there was more on the ground but seems to have melted and raced back up the mountain!! lol

anyways, like you say Ski, ts always nice to see new snow

ptarmigan_180.jpg

the snow from Ptarmigan run in the Cairngorms

Originally Posted By: SantaCruz
Snow level is supposed to drop down to 4000 ft this weekend and a storm coming through. The higher peaks at the local Seattle resorts should be getting 1-2 feet.

Damn James we are at 4,400 :(
Ah don't be too jealous Mitch. Your webcam's looked alot better than mine. When does the season usually start up round SLC? Typically mid-Dec around here.

Gonna head out for some turns tomorrow morning smile. Usually starts mid November for resorts. Should be fun tomorrow.
Originally Posted By: loaf of bread
Whats with the fences on the Scotland ones?
Do they take them down or are they some kind of course guidance or something?

think its a bit of that and also to help keep the snow on the hills. There are no trees on Scottish hills, so it gets well windy up ther and even although the report sayd 1 metre has fallen (very unusual), there could still be nada on the runs as the wind has blown it off the mountain.
Snow on the ground at local resorts around here smile
Still a whiles til opening though.

Not quite opening day but took some runs today at Alta today. About 20 cm fell and some more on the way!