Hey all, a group of us are planning to go to Niseko to learn how to ski/snowboard.. but the only time we can get there is dec 3-10. i know that is still a bit early in their ski season, but will there still be enough snow, (somewhere) that us rookies can learn on.. Thanks guys...

well I took this information next door to the old lady with the giant bunions, she shaved a few flakes off them, added them to some ear wax and tea and drank them, the resulting visions of God informed her that its going to be a VERY snowy year

you people are not being helpful.

To Original Poster: Go for it. It'll be great. Plenty of instructors already on duty, plenty of lifts, but not moving, plenty of snow, ....... on the way.

It'll be great.

Actually, the earliest I've had snow up therre was like November 18.

In most years I've been here there's been more than enough snow by then for complete beginners to have a go. That said I have been here when there wasn't enough in that 1st week of Dec to get lifts running and another year when there was already over 1m on the ground. Early season is always a bit of a risk but I'd say that the odds are in your favour for a least some skiable snow in Niseko by then, especially if you're only a beginner as you don't care about being able to head off-piste.

• 2 weeks later...