Originally Posted By: thursday
What if I don't want to go to Hakuba?

It doesn't force you Thursday. You can make a choice and they do allow you to get off at different stations. The doors will open automatic at the different stops too.
Originally Posted By: TJ OZ
A brand new train service has just opened up between Narita and Tokyo. Taking the Skyliner means you can transfer onto the Nagano Shinkansen at Ueno which will save you another 20 minutes off your trip getting to Hakuba. Ueno is also a good central spot to base yourself when visiting Tokyo.

lol

It's quite incredible how you seem to manage to make every single post you make sound like it's copy/pased from marketing promotion literature.

I agree with the advice about the new Skyliner, but personally I wouldn't stay in Ueno - it's a dump, full of fag butts, tramps and "pink" business establishments.

Much better to stay virtually anywhere else in Tokyo, I'd say...

SdS

Originally Posted By: big-will
A brand new train service has just opened up between Narita and Tokyo. Taking the Skyliner means you can transfer onto the Nagano Shinkansen at Ueno which will save you another 20 minutes off your trip getting to Hakuba. Ueno is also a good central spot to base yourself when visiting Tokyo.

lol

It's quite incredible how you seem to manage to make every single post you make sound like it's copy/pased from marketing promotion literature.

If you read down a little from the top I am not too sure what marketing literature available has sly digs at Thursday. (there is probably something out there though) Anyway I did cut and paste the info at the start. Sorry not to rewrite everything. I'll try and change a few words for you next time.

I did say Almost every post.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure most other people will see through your poor PR attempts anyway.

You would probably be more effective not being so blatant about it, though on form that does seem beyond you.

I love it... someone posts some quite useful information for people who may be continuing on to Hakuba and you take out your purse and start swinging. It's not as though saving that 20 minutes is going to sway someone's opinion to go to Hakuba but it sure is useful for those who are already planning on making the trip. Take a deep breath and chill guys...

"Cuts 20 mins off your travel time to Haneda" that would be useful.
"Cuts 20 mins off your travel time to H", rather smells fishy no?

But there are plenty of fishes out there.

Why? It was pretty obvious from what he wrote that the twenty minutes savings was between Narita and Ueno. His post was in the general snow talk section of this forum so why mention places that have nothing to do with snow? Having to list all of the connections that you'd be able to save 20 minutes going to by using the Skyliner would be pretty redundant and actually would be a useless post.
Originally Posted By: big-will

lol

"manage to make every single post you make"

"I did say Almost every post."

hmmmmm

Might be best to read what you wrote before quoting yourself
Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
"Cuts 20 mins off your travel time to Haneda" that would be useful.
"Cuts 20 mins off your travel time to H", rather smells fishy no?

But there are plenty of fishes out there.

Why? It was pretty obvious from what he wrote that the twenty minutes savings was between Narita and Ueno. His post was in the general snow talk section of this forum so why mention places that have nothing to do with snow? Having to list all of the connections that you'd be able to save 20 minutes going to by using the Skyliner would be pretty redundant and actually would be a useless post.

why not?