Cathay Pacific... anyone ever flown with them?

Ah yes. I have been successful in getting a seat behind a door/bulkhead pretty much every time in the last 7 years. I HATE being pinned in behind someone.

I tried to get a seat like that but unforunately I would have had to pay extra for it... since the goal is to do it on the cheap I'll just put up with the discomfort while dreaming of Bintang and beach babes!

Originally Posted By: bobby12
I like the sound of that non-reclining seat, I havent seen those before. On my recent flight I had a moron in front of me coming back, reclining full the whole way including during eating. On the outward, the guy behind me was kicking/kneeing my seat repeatedly for the first 3 hours of the journey.

During eating the cabin crew should be on to that, but at other times I do not understand the angst, I have had people in front being kind enough to ask if I minded them reclining, 'don't hesitate' is my answer, that's what the reclining funtion is for. It is more comfortable and if everyone got over their phobia of it and all reclined then you don't lose any space at all.

On any airline, if they fully recline on you, just means they don't have a common understanding on airline travel. It's give and take. Those mofos who fully recline need slapping.

If you fully recline the chair, its well uncomfortable!! Gives a sore back. I usually slightly recline it.....just enough that its just a little past upright. I can sleep fine in that and don't get any lower back pain, I've also started keeping myself buckled in (although a little loose). If it's a long haul, I can usually catch a couple of hours sleep after trying to watch the movies on those tiny screens!

I had a guy fully recline on me while I had baby on my lap and was breastfeeding (9 or 10 yrs ago). Pinned the kid into position pretty much. He reclined back soon after take off, stuck those eye pads on and stayed that way til we landed. Meanwhile I had to eat, feed and baby wrangle in that confined space. Staff did nothing even at mealtime.

I always look behind to check the person behind is reclined before I recline mine.

MB that's when knees in the back of the chair works very well! Stick em as hard through (although I do realise my legs are probably a tad bigger than yours), asswipe infront looks around and you just show that your legs are right into the chair.....usually he'll move the chair forward.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
I always look behind to check the person behind is reclined before I recline mine.

It's the right thing to do isn't it. Or 'ask' (ie. tell them that you intend to).
  • 1 month later...

Well, I unfortunately the flights I was on didn't have any of their super fancy entertainment systems... I found them to be quite standard. In thing does stand out a little though. We had a delay coming back from Bali and instead of just shrugging their shoulders and asking us to be patient they served up sandwiches, cake, fried chicken, coffee and tea.

Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
Well, I unfortunately the flights I was on didn't have any of their super fancy entertainment systems... I found them to be quite standard. In thing does stand out a little though. We had a delay coming back from Bali and instead of just shrugging their shoulders and asking us to be patient they served up sandwiches, cake, fried chicken, coffee and tea.

Having spent 2.5 hours on the plane waiting to take off in Beijing the other morning, which killed any chance of making it to my destination that day, I sure wont be flying Air China again. Next time its back to Cathay. Glad they looked after you BM. If I may make a suggesstion have you thought about sending them a quick email of thanks?