The Japan Weather Assoc has predicted the Sakura opening will be 22nd March in Tokyo, with estimated best viewing 29 March to 8 April.

I will be in Tokyo from 4 April. Where would be a good park to view without too much mayhem. Please share your secret stashes of sakura. cheers

Originally Posted By: thursday
That Hakodate fort looks nice thumbsup

Beautiful place and they've just about finished a renovation of the Governmental Hall inside the fort which was the Governor's residence I think when Hakodate was the capitol of Hokkaido. It has a pretty cool history too as it was the site of the last battle of the Boshin War which saw the end of the Shogunate in Japan. And my bar is only a 10 minute walk from the fort biggrin

hehe. I dunno who's gonna be up there, hopefully a few bods though. Like I say, we'll be in the park from around noon. I'll be the drunk bald one jumping around in the fountain!! smile

Oh Iiyama - I am not really crowd phobic, and I went in expecting a lot of people, but it was really mind blowing for a lass from sleepy Perth to see that many people camped out on their blue plastic mats and like sardines on the paths - one side up and one side back.

Mind blowing really!

It was a good thing for the spectacle and the excitement - but in reality I wouldn't want to live there and be a part of that tradition...too intense for day to day life for me. But I had a huge smile on my face for the 3 hours we were there.

lol We left the plastic sheet sitting for the locals Vicar.

We did however go into Ueno Zoo, and get a coffee and a bite to eat and take a short seated break in there.

Will post some pic's real soon.

I have a good friend and my mother in law coming for dinner so I need to get into the kitchen and be preparing! After that wink