Originally Posted By: Angus McTavish
Perhaps some of the 70's stock was sent to Scotland? Some of the resorts up there have stuff that looks like it comes from a different era!

yeah pretty nasty some of the crap you get up there. Other than this year its been tough making a living for the scottish resorts so re-investment in new gear and infrastructure has been way down the list. Dunno what they are like now but when I first started going I'd rent from a shop in the villages before the ski hill, quality was a little better and a bit cheaper as well. Places like Blairgowrie (Dundee side of Glenshee) had a good few rental shops

hmmm.....its hard to judge. The rental places are always busy, and with the unpredictable conditions people maybe think its not worth buying, but now Glasgow has an indoor slope, so maybe now people think they'd get more use from it.....probably 50-50

There are some rental place in Zao that stock very very old and I think poor equipment. I think they should not be allowed actually, the quality is very low. Of course now all and I won't mention a name but definitely look at a few before trying.