How accurate are the JMA seasonal forecast..?

Because last year was a pretty disappointed trip. Just a few snow dusting during my week stayed. So this year I was really excited to learn there are around 4 meter up top. When I see the forecast changed from an above average (snowfall) to a below average. Then I was disappointed.

Originally Posted By: cableitoh
I was really excited to learn there are around 4 meter up top.

I don't see how snow base depth is relevant to your skiing experience unless grass starts appearing. I mean, are you going to notice the difference skiing on a 2 meter or a 10 meter base? What matters is new snowfall. If it dumped 50cm overnight on a 2 meter base, you'll have an amazing day. If it hasn't snowed for 2 weeks on a 10 meter base, it'll be shit.

This last week has been awesome with very cold temps and good snowfalls daily. This will continue into tomorrow but Sunday will see it warm up and next week is looking a lot milder with not a whole lot of snow forecast. Currently there does look like another reasonable system moving through next weekend. Beyond that is just guessing.

Certainly no issues here now with snowdepth but I'd suspect next week will see the mountain get pretty tracked out and a bit icy on lower slopes. We're not talking warm temps but it will get up near freezing at village level.